As the next chapter of COD MW is set to drop in less than two weeks, let’s take a look at all the confirmed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game modes
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 serves as a direct follow-up to Modern Warfare 2, launched in 2022. This means that players can anticipate a significant overlap in playable modes and the game's core mechanics. As a new release, nonetheless, MW3 has stirred up a substantial level of anticipation, with players seeking insights into what lies ahead.
Welcome to The Lobby.
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) October 19, 2023
Fans of the franchise are eagerly awaiting more information about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game modes. In this piece, we will disclose all the confirmed game modes for the next Modern Warfare installment.
All Confirmed Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Game Modes
The following Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game modes have been confirmed by the developers:
- Team Deathmatch: The game sets up a showdown between two 6-player teams, and the team that manages to score the most points emerges as the winner. While it may be remarkably straightforward, this mode never fails to deliver some heart-pounding Call of Duty action.
- Deathmatch/ Free-For-All: It's a solo mission, and the first player to achieve 30 kills claims the victory. It’s the same as Team Deathmatch, but instead of fighting in groups, players are all on their own.
Photo Credit: Activision
- Domination: It’s a 6v6 battle for dominance over three key zones scattered throughout the map. One flag is situated in the map's central region, while the remaining two flags are tactically positioned near the main spawn points of the teams. It's an intense game mode that encourages strategic gameplay, allowing players to assert their dominance over specific map zones and impact enemy spawn locations.
- Search and Destroy: Teams participate in a bomb scenario where they take turns planting and defusing the bomb, and the team with the most points is declared the winner. Although it may not be the most popular mode, Search and Destroy is undeniably a Call of Duty essential.
- Kill Confirmed: Secure victory by eliminating foes and collecting their tags. The gameplay closely resembles the Team Deathmatch mode, with a single significant distinction: players leave behind a “dog tag” when they get eliminated. The goal is to collect a specific amount of enemy tags.
- Headquarters: Capture the headquarters and maintain a defensive stance. The defending team has no respawn option. In order to retain control, team members need to work together to establish a resolute and unyielding defensive boundary around a secured HQ.
- Control: The primary goal in Control is to capture or defend two zones without exhausting your respawns. Attackers must successfully capture all zones to win a round, while defenders must prevent attackers from securing both zones before the time limit expires. Victory goes to the first team that meets the round win limit.
- Hardpoint: Hardpoint mode involves two teams, each comprising six players, battling to secure control of a single objective that continuously changes location. The team that successfully holds this point earns one point every second until the objective shifts to a new position. This dynamic objective movement keeps players on their toes and contributes to the creation of tumultuous and unpredictable gameplay moments.
- Cutthroat: Cutthroat is a fresh addition to the franchise that has recently been made playable in the second beta weekend of MW3. This mode will pit three teams, each consisting of three players, against each other in a 3v3v3 format, across all maps.
New to #MW3, this is Cutthroat 💥
For 1v1 and 2v2 fans, Cutthroat will feel familiar with round-based elimination format and intense close-quarters. It's 3v3v3 with custom Loadouts, a moving flag, and 3-way firefights 💪 pic.twitter.com/prQjjJfCAN
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) October 5, 2023
That wraps up the list of Call of Duty MW3 multiplayer modes that have been officially confirmed so far. Other than these MW3 game modes, you can look forward to a fully-developed campaign mode, poised to reintroduce iconic series characters, while an enhanced Zombies mode will engage players in battling waves of the undead within a vast open-world setting.