Here’s everything we know about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Season 1
Activision is about to release the first season of their latest addition to the Call of Duty franchise. Even though the game was released more than 10 days ago and players have progressed quite far in their CoD grind, the game will fully kick off with the start of Season 1. Numerous updates and content have already been added to balance the game before starting Season 1. Activision buffed out as many bugs and issues as they could during the pre-season. With this much effort put into the game, we can expect the first season to kick off with a bang.
With that in mind, let’s take a deep dive into all that we know about the season and what to expect. So we have compiled all this information here for you to read and outline all the important aspects. So, let’s take a look at what we know about Call of Duty: MW3 Season 1.
Call of Duty: MW3 Season 1 – Release Date
The official Call of Duty newsletter has revealed that Season 1 is set to come out on Wednesday, December 6. The exact timings have not been updated yet, but the date has been confirmed. So, players are already geared up for December 6 to get started on the first season of Call of Duty: MW3. We recommend players to level up fast to be prepared.
Modern Warfare 3 Season 1 – Everything We Know About
There are a bunch of changes and updates planned to be released during Season 1. Some of these have already been teased and have made the community excited. These include:
- Gunfight Mode
- New Warzone Map – Urzikstan
- New Multiplayer Maps
- New Content for Zombies
There were also teasers about Multiplayer Ranked Modes and a Special Snow event, but there were no further details released. These were supposed to be added during the mid-season.
The fan-favorite Guinfight multiplayer game mode is set to make a return at the start of Season 1. Alongside it, four of the 2v2 maps are also going to be added very soon. However, at the start of the season, only one new map, a 2v2 map, was confirmed. The map is called Training Facility.
Sledgehammer Games have also revealed during a Reddit AMA that the Shipment 2v2 map will also return to the game at some point during the season.
New Warzone Map – Urzikstan
A new map is set to be added to Warzone with Season 1. The map is titled Urzikstan and has some interesting new features. Here’s a summary of everything there is to know about the map.
- Gameplay Update: New movement mechanics will be added to Warzone. Mechanics like Slide Cancelling, Tac Stance, and all the movement-related mechanics from Multiplayer.
- Traversal: New modes of transportation have also been added. These include zip lines and a drivable train.
- 11 Major Points of Interest: New POIs have been added, such as Popov Power Plant, Orlov Military Base, and the Zaravan Suburbs.
- Improved Switching Between Multiplayer and Warzone: Changes to Call of Duty HQ include seamless switching between the Multiplayer and Warzone game modes.
New Multiplayer Maps
There will be 3 new multiplayer maps that are to be added to the game, of which 2 will be added on the first day. These will be 6v6. The names of the 3 maps are Meat, Greece, and Rio. Here, Meat and Greece will be available from Day 1. Pictures of the maps are shown below.
New Content for Zombies
The Zombies mode continues into the first season of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Here, the operators on the Strike Team are investigating a gateway that has appeared in the Exclusion Zone.
Some of the other updates include:
- Updated V-R11 Wonder Weapon: This weapon has the ability to tether an enemy, Zombie or Human, into an ally.
- Dark Aether Rifts: These Rifts give players some objectives to complete before a fixed time. These add a new challenge after all the seasonal missions.
- Schematics: A new category of acquisition schematics will evaluate players. This will also allow players to unlock these schematics.
That's all we have on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Season 1. These teasers definitely look interesting and have excited many fans. Hopefully, the start of the new season will be met with positive reviews, as MW3 has seen some negative feedback after its release. Some of these updates look really good for the game and improve the potential for MW3.
Make sure you check out our other Call of Duty articles to stay updated about the game.