The Flash Drone is a new piece of tactical equipment introduced in Call of Duty: Season 9.
Call of Duty: Season 9 is underway, and with the new season comes a lot of new features, new maps, weapons, and more. The Flash Drone is the newest tactical equipment that was introduced to the game and can be obtained for free via the seasonal event "In Plain Sight." Players will also get rewarded an MK2-Shocking, AK-47-Shocking, Arctic .50 Voltaic Garden, and Battle XP in the same event.
The Flash Drone can be used to impair enemies’ vision for a limited amount of time when it comes into contact. The Drone can be released at a total distance of 15 meters, within a range of 20 meters, which can be very helpful when you need to push and blind opponents or reveal their position to help your teammates. Although you need to make sure that one of your teammates is giving you cover while you are controlling the drone
How to get the Flash Drone
To unlock the Flash Drone, you need to complete the seasonal event "In Plain Sight," which lasts until Season 9 ends. Here is the list of all the tasks that players are required to complete:
- Play five (5) multiplayer matches: Five weapon cards and 1000 Battle Pass XP
- Throw any tactical equipment 15 times in MP matches: Backpack 1 - Shocking and 1000 Battle Pass XP
- Kill 10 enemies with any thermite (Available in the Credit Store): M2 - Shocking and 2000 Battle Pass XP
- Kill 15 enemies with any MK2 in MP matches equipped with the Tactician perk: M2 - Shocking and 2000 Battle Pass XP
- Kill 25 enemies with an AK-47 in MP matches equipped with the Tactician perk: Artic .50 - Voltaic Garden and 3000 Battle Pass XP
- Destroy an enemy's scorestreak with EMP Tactical Grenade three (3) times in MP matches: Full Moon and 3000 Battle Pass XP
- Win three (3) MP matches with the Hard Wired perk equipped: Flash Drone and 3000 Battle Pass XP