Here’s everything you need to know about the Stage 5 Major.
This week the final event of the 2021 regular season gets underway. With all 12 teams in attendance for the last time this year, here’s everything you need to know about Major 5.
For the just the second time this season, Atlanta FaZe don’t have the first seed heading into the Major. This means that they’ll start in Winners Round One, giving them one more match to play if they wish to make the finals.
Thursday, Jul 29
- Paris Legion vs Seattle Surge (3pm ET)
- Los Angeles Guerrillas vs New York Subliners (4:30pm ET)
- Minnesota ROKKR vs Atlanta FaZe (6pm ET)
- LA Thieves vs Toronto Ultra (7:30pm ET)
Friday, Jul 30
- London Royal Ravens vs Paris/Seattle (3pm ET)
- Florida Mutineers vs LAG/NYSL (4:30pm ET)
- Dallas Empire vs FaZe/ROKKR (6pm ET)
- OpTic Chicago vs LAT/Ultra (7:30pm ET)
Following this, five matches will be played on Saturday, leaving just four teams left in the bracket. This results in the conclusion of Major 5 on Sunday, giving us our final standings heading into Champs.
Major 5 Preview
Despite their reverse sweep from LA Thieves last week, OpTic Chicago have been dominant throughout Stage 5, and therefore are our favourites to win the Major. However, with FaZe, Dallas Empire and Toronto Ultra all looking to take home a Major win themselves, it won't be easy.
As for an underdog, we think Seattle Surge have a great chance to go far in this tournament. At Major 4, Surge looked like a completely different team, and with the bracket they could have for this Major, Surge are a team to watch.