The first batch of seasonal offerings from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will be released on December 3rd. With nearly all of it being free across all platforms. Activision has even dubbed Season One “the biggest free content drop in Call of Duty history.”
Season One will feature six multiplayer maps across a variety of game modes released during the season, with a number of popular maps from the 2007 Modern Warfare making a return. The maps will be split between traditional multiplayer, 2v2 Gunfight and the new Ground War.
Here’s what we know about so far:
- Crash (Multiplayer Map): The iconic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map has returned with all the flanking routes and action-packed rooftop encounters you remember.
- Vacant (Multiplayer Map): An abandoned office, previously visited in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, leads to intense interior combat across the complex.
- Shipment (Multiplayer and Gunfight Map): The classic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- Port (Ground War Map): Battle across massive shipping crates, cranes, buildings and streets in this unique Ground War map experience.
- Cargo (Gunfight Map): An open-roof storage vessel for shipping containers, on docks of London.
- Atrium (Gunfight Map): The centerpiece of a Verdansk palace, still intact despite the conflict raging nearby.
The season pass will also feature a number of new modes and Special Ops maps.
- Reinforce (Multiplayer Mode): A hybrid of Dom and S&D, a single-life mode with both teams competing for control of three flags
- On Site Procurement (O.S.P.) (Gunfight Mode): A tactically rich 2v2 mode with a twist: Begin with just your fists, and gather equipment as the match progresses.
- Infected (Multiplayer Mode): It’s hunt or be hunted in this survival party game mode!
- Additional Modes: Look for more modes as Season 1 continues.
- Bomb Squad (Special Ops Experience): Forces still loyal to Barkov have planted explosives around the city of Al-Raab. You’re here to defuse the situation.
- Grounded (Special Ops Experience): Enemies have seized Barkov’s former airbase. Engage and eliminate them.
- Pitch Black (Special Ops Experience): Infiltrate Barkov’s former estate and recover all required intel before an exfill in a Tactical Rover.
- Just Reward (Special Ops Experience): Your squad targets the head of an enemy financial operation, hacking his data centers, and gaining intel.
Activision has not given update yet on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Battle Pass system, which is likely to follow a similar trend as with games like Fortnite and Apex Legends. The only details we know so far is that new cosmetics and two new guns: the Ram-7 automatic bullpup assault rifle and the Holger-26 light machine gun will likely be part of the unlocking process.