Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Season 4 brings about a heap of new content for both Warzone and Multiplayer.
Season 3 of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is almost over, but players don’t have to be afraid of being left without content: after Season 3 concludes, Season 4 will immediately begin, and Infinity Ward has some great updates in store for us in both MWII Multiplayer and Warzone! There is an incredible amount of changes to both the classic and the Battle Royale CoD games, so let’s get right into it!
All the Warzone Changes of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Season 4
- A new map called Vondel is coming
- This map will be available for smaller game modes such as DMZ, Resurgence and the new Lockdown Limited Time Mode,
- Later in the Season, it will be available for standard Battle Royale as well.
- Lockdown, a new LTM will be added to Warzone
- Lockdown will be similar to the Hardpoint mode in Multiplayer, where players will have to capture and hold zones instead of surviving,
- This mode will be around double the length of a Hardpoint match, with Custom Loadouts available when spawning.
- Resurgence will stay after Season 4 launches with two new features
- Dynamic Resurgence Timers are coming, which adjusts a squad’s timer if one member disconnects. After they come back, the timer will revert – this should make the grounds even for squads who lose a member outside a gunfight,
- Vengeance Icon will reveal the general position of an opponent which took out your squadmate – this makes easier to get revenge, while also taking 5 seconds off of your dead teammates Resurgence timer.
The DMZ has some extensive changes as well in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Season 4
- Vondel will be the main map for this gamemode, dropping at the start of Season 4
- The DMZ will receive a new Central Hub called the Forward Operating Base, which is passively upgradable by playing:
- The Stash can be upgraded to increase Wallet and Key Stash size,
- The Weapons Locker is where you’ll be able to find some new and exotic weapons,
- The Bounty Board is for Exfil, Bartering recipes and discounts for your Buys Station,
- And the Communications Station gives access to Urgent Missions.
- A new faction will join the DMZ called as Phalanx alongside new missions, Urgent Missions and a heap of new content – which is to be revealed at the start of Season 4
- Dynamic Fog will be added to DMZ, which can seep into other gamemodes extremely rarely as well! This will change the dynamic of Vondel, making it harder to shoot your enemies at long range without the right Optics,
- A new Vehicle, the TAV will be added to the game, which let’s players traverse both land and sea, as Vondel has plenty of both,
- Favourite Loadout Boxes bring back the Personal Supply Box of the original Warzone, which let’s players equip their previously chosen loadouts – but will be extremely rare,
- The Reinforcement Flare will be a new way to bring back a fallen teammate at the cost of revealing your location, but the extra firepower will be extremely helpful in the endgame
- A new Public Event will be added called High Stakes
- This public event will spawn Loadout-crates which grant Double Weapon and Player XP for the match, which stacks with the other multipliers like tokens and events – so better get those crates!
- In Vondel, a new type of transport will be available: Taxicabs!
- These quirky little vehicles will get you around the new map very quickly and automatically
- The Sandstorm in Al Mazrah has seized, changing the landscape, which opens up new possibilities of maneuvering around the battlefield
- Vondel will be available for Battle Royale matches in the Mid-Season Update for Season 4, alongside the Occupation Scan Public Event.
Changes to Multiplayer in the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Season 4 update
- There are 6 new maps coming to the game, with a 7th one planned for the Season 4 Reloaded patch
- Showdown from the original CoD: Modern Warfare
- Kunstenaar District, which will tie in with the new Warzone map, Vondel
- Mercado, a section of Las Almas
- Penthouse, which looks incredible
- Mawizeh Marhslands, a region of Al Mazrah
- Ahkdar Village, a battle map similarly to Mawizeh
- And Vondel Waterfront, the Mid-Season Map of S4, which will feature floating houses
- SnD and Prisoner Rescue will be available in 12v12 lists
- The last RAID will release in the Mid-Season Update!
- The Assault at Vondel event will begin at the start of the Season, featuring Nikto – the event will last until July 7 from June 14, the release of Season 4
- Alongside Nikto, Io, Ana Vega, Izanami and Butch will join the roster of Operators
- 4 new Weapons will be added to the game
- The Tempus Razorback Assault Rifle, the distant relative of the Tempust Torrent Battle Rifle, available in the Battle Pass
- The ISO 45 SMG, available in the Battle Pass,
- The Tonfa Melee weapon, which will be available as the last Assault on Vondel Unlock
- A new Shotgun will be added around Mid-Season
- The new Ranked rewards are here both for Multiplayer and BR, which you can find here
- The balance patch notes will be available next week – so keep an eye one ESTNN for the list of changes.
Season 4 of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 will arrive on June 14th, next Wednesday!
The new Season of Call of Duty is looking great, no matter if you’re a Warzone, a DMZ or a Multiplayer-person. As always, the balance changes will be something to look forward to, as some buffs or nerfs can completely change the landscape of the game. Don’t forget to keep an eye out for the Call of Duty Social Media channels, follow the Call of Duty League for immense action, and follow ESTNN for the latest news of all things CoD!