Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War will bring a new Zombies experience to players, with many fans anticipating that it will be the best yet
Today, Treyarch revealed the first look at the Zombies mode in Black Ops Cold War. They released an eight-minute first look video with the trailer and some comments from developers. They showed off many new ways to play during the trailer, along with some returning features.
New Ways To Play
Black Ops Cold War will see players have some new features available to them, changing the way that Zombies will be played. However, this will not ruin the core experience, with many features such as perks, Pack-A-Punch and more all returning.
- Weapon Rarity: In addition to the return of the Pack-a-Punch machine to transform your weapon, all weapons will now have a rarity associated with them. The higher the rarity, the greater the damage output and attachments for the weapon. For the first time, this will allow any weapon in the game to be sustainable in later rounds. This also adds more variety and fun to find new weapons through Wall Buys and the Mystery Box.
- Field Upgrades: Outside of weaponry, players can deploy Field Upgrades as proactive abilities that add another layer to squad-based tactics. Charge them up by killing zombies, then deploy them in times of desperate need. From offensive buffs to abilities that aid in evasion or healing and reviving, these Field Upgrades are made to fit numerous playstyles and situations.
Equipment, perks and exfil
- Equipment: Around the map, you can craft and find lethal, tactical, and support equipment. Lethal and tactical equipment are similar to the equipment found in Multiplayer, like Frag Grenades, while support equipment is home to high-powered offensive weaponry. This slot could be where you deploy Grenade Launchers, Sentry Turrets, Explosive Bows and even Chopper Gunners – all tools that can deliver a massive power spike when your squad needs it most.
- Perks: Classic Zombies Perks are back with a reimagined Cold War aesthetic, including the return of timeless favorites like Juggernog and Speed Cola. There’s no longer a limit to how many different Perks you can consume, so go ahead and crack open a six-pack, if you have the points to do so.
- Exfil: Instead of perishing to the horde, Black Ops Cold War Zombies provides a new option to escape with your life when you’re feeling overrun… if you dare. If the whole squad is in trouble, you can opt to exfiltrate the undead combat zone via helicopter. Although zombie spawns will be dialed up to 11, you should expect to earn some rewards if your squad completes this final push to survive.
Zombies will launch with the release of Black Ops Cold War on November 13. Treyarch made a final announcement that will please many Zombies fans. They revealed that all post-launch maps and content will be free to all players.