Following the Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer reveal, let's dive into the new Loadout system
In a brand new system, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will look to combine Pick 10 with Modern Warfare’s Loadout system. Players have the choice to pick a Primary Weapon, Secondary Weapon, one tactical equipment, one lethal equipment, one Field Upgrade, three Perks, and a Wild Card as the base way to create a class.
The Gunsmith from Modern Warfare returns for Black Ops Cold War. Players will be able to pick from seven different attachment slots for each weapon with 54 individual attachments available to choose from. The standard amount of attachments to pick from is five, while the Gunfighter wildcare will increase this to eight.
Players can pick from the following attachment slots:
Black Ops Cold War also features the return of Wildcards. Wildcards allow you to change some of the rules of the Loadout system such as more attachments or more equipment.
The following Wildcards were available in the Alpha:
- Danger Close - Equip extra lethal and tactical equipment, and start with max ammo
- Law Breaker - Equip any weapon in either slot and equip any perks
- Gunfighter - Unlocks 3 additional attachment slots of your primary weapon
- Perk Greed - Equip 3 extra perks
Field Upgrades also return from Modern Warfare. The Alpha build featured four Field Upgrades:
- Proximity Mine - Throwable mine, explodes shortly after one enemy runs or drives over it. Can be avoided by crouching. Destroys any vehicle that runs over it. (Recharge Time: 2:00)
- Sam Turret - Launches missiles at enemy air scorestreaks and player-piloted helicopters. (Recharge Time: 3:45)
- Jammer - Creates an electronic disruption field, disabling enemy Field Upgrades and degrading enemy minimap information. (Recharge Time: 2:30)
- Field Mic - Deploys a recording device that highlights enemy sounds on your minimap. (Recharge Time: 3:15)
To conclude, Treyarch are attempting to combine the best of the Black Ops Pick 10 system with Modern Warfare’s new Gunsmith Loadout system. Gunfighter seems to be the main Wildcard used by most players during the alpha, as this unlocks an extra three attachments for your Primary Weapon.