Activision has finally announced the dates for the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta.
Fans will get their first opportunity to go hands-on with Black Ops Cold War’s Multiplayer with the Open Beta.
- Weekend 1 — PlayStation 4 Exclusive
- Early Access Begins: October 8
- Open Beta Begins: October 10
- Weekend 1 Ends: October 12
- Weekend 2 — Beta on PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- Early Access for Xbox & PC (PS4 Open Beta) Begins: October 15
- Open Beta Begins: October 17
- Open Beta Ends: October 19
In order to access the beta, fans will have to pre-order a digital copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on the Playstation or Xbox store or Battle.net for PC. However, the Open Beta will be available for anyone who wishes to play, so if you want to play a few days before the general public, a pre-order is your only option. Some fans were lucky enough to get their hands on a beta code from watching the Call of Duty League Championship Weekend, so they will also be able to play the beta without a pre-order.
While there has been a lot of content already shown off during the Black Ops Cold War Alpha, we expect even more to be added for the beta. This will allow players to test out Black Ops Cold war and allow Treyarch to gain valuable feedback so they can improve the game before its launch.