| Tags: League of Legends
| Author Rohat Dicle Kılınç
Yuumi Midscope Update Is Available for Testing in LoL PBE Servers
After years of frustration, the League’s least favorite cat is seeing big changes to her kit.
Yuumi has been the most disliked champion in the game for LoL players, especially so after she dominated the pro play for the last year or so along with her bot lane partners Zeri and Sivir. As the frustration about the cat grew more and more in the community, her ban rate also started to rise in solo queue, even with her not-so-great overall win rate. To help with this problem, and also bring her pro play and solo queue viability closer, Riot decided to give Yuumi a quick rework.
But before they went ahead with the rework, Yuumi received some massive nerfs with the patch 13.1b to get her out of the pro play in the meantime. After the nerfs, Yuumi dropped to a whopping 40% win rate in solo queue and was nearly unplayable for the last two patches. Thankfully, the Yuumi midscope update just hit the Public Beta Environment (PBE) servers for testing and will be included in this week’s live patch, 13.5.
Yuumi is going Live in 13.5. We want Yuumi to be a great champion to bring a new friend into the game (and also a great duo experience generally) and we’re making changes to our outdated pricing model this patch to reflect this philosophy (she will be 450 BE now). pic.twitter.com/5vgUil7x6T
— Matt Leung-Harrison (@RiotPhroxzon) February 25, 2023
According to the statements from Balance Team members in recent months, Yuumi will take on a new direction with her place in the game. She will be a less powerful but easy-to-play champion that will let players get to know the game and get comfortable with the simple concepts in it. All the while addressing some of her bigger problems in pro play like the massive guaranteed Crown Control inside of a teammate, constant healing and the high amounts of stats she provided to her allies.
Complete Yuumi changes coming with patch 13.5
- Health Growth: 84 ⇒ 69
- Base Mana 400 ⇒ 440
Feline Friendship (P)
- When Yuumi's spells or attacks affect champions, she heals herself and charges a heal for her allies. If she Attaches within the next 4s, she brings herself to her ally. While Attached, this effect automatically occurs.
- While Attached, Yuumi builds Friendship whenever her Ally kills champions and minions. Each ally has their own unique Friendship score. While attached to her Best Friend, her abilities gain bonus effects.
- Cooldown: 20s-10s (levels 1-11)
- Heal Amount: 20-105 (+15% AP) levels 1-18
- While her Passive is ready, Yuumi's Auto Attack range is increased by 50.
Prowling Projectile (Q)
- Yuumi fires a missile that Slows the first enemy hit. If cast while Attached, Yuumi can control the missile for a short period before it becomes Empowered, greatly accelerating and Slowing enemies by an increased amount.
- Best Friend Bonus: The Slow will always be empowered and hitting enemy champions also grants 10/12/14/16/18/20 (+10% AP) On-Hit damage to her ally for 5 seconds. This damage is increased by up to 75% based on her Ally's Critical Strike Chance.
- Cooldown: 7.5/7.25/7.0/6.75/6.5/6.25s
- Mana Cost: 50 at all ranks
- Base Damage: 60/90/120/150/180/210 (+20% AP)
- Base Slow Amount: 20% decaying over 1s
- Empowered Slow Amount: 55/60/65/70/75/80% decaying over 2s
- Empowered Damage: 80/140/200/260/320/380 (+35% AP)
- Missile Width: 65 ⇒ 55
- Reveals targets hit by the ability
You and Me! (W)
- Adaptive Force to Yuumi/Ally: Removed
- No longer counts for Aery
- Best Friend Bonus: Yuumi gains an additional 10-20% Heal & Shield Power (based on Ally level) and her Anchored ally gains 3/5/7/9/11 (+4% AP) On-Hit healing. This is affected by Yuumi's Heal & Shield Power.
- [NEW] Now Shields allies instead of Healing
- Cooldown: 12/11.5/11/10.5/10s
- Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110/120
- Shield Granted: 90/120/150/180/210 (+30% AP)
- Move Speed: 20% while the Shield persists
- Attack Speed: 35% (+8% per 100 AP)
- Restores 20/24/28/32/36 Mana to her Anchor (not herself), increased by up to 100% based on their missing Mana (30% to 80% missing mana)
- No Best Friend Bonus, all allies can be saved by Yuumi.
Final Chapter (R)
- For 3.5s, Yuumi fires 5 magical waves that affect enemies and allies. If cast while attached, Yuumi can steer the waves to follow her mouse.
- For Ally Champions, the waves heal. The heal is increased by 130% on her Best Friend. All excess healing is converted to a shield, lasting 3s after the ability ends.
- For all enemies, the waves deal damage and apply a stacking slow.
- Cooldown: 110/100/90s ⇒ 120/110/100s
- Damage Per Wave: 60/80/100 (+20% AP) ⇒ 75/100/125 (+20% AP)
- Heal Amount Per Wave: 35/50/65 (+15% AP)
- Slow Duration: 1.25s
- Slow Amount: 10% + 10% additive per wave hit (max 50% slow)
- Best Friend Bonus: Waves also grant Yuumi's best friend 20/40/60 (+10% AP) Armor and Magic Resistance for the duration of the spell.
For more League of Legends news and updates, follow us on ESTNN.