Valorant Patch 6.0 Notes kick-start Episode 6: ACT 1 by introducing a new map, ranked changes, a new battle pass and a skinline.
High on competitive updates, the newest update introduces a beautiful indian-themed map called Lotus. The water-filled map will feature three Spike sites. Alongside making a controversial change that’ll potentially nerf Omen’s Dark Cover ability, Riot’s VALORANT team starts the new episode by reinserting Split into the competitive queue. Also, Lotus would only be playable in the Swiftplay mode until it enters the competitive map pool in the next patch. The changes, although very minor, intend to solely favor the Attackers.
Following are the list of changes made to the fan-favorite map, Split:
- The A Rafters has been shortened slightly to prevent players from holding an angle.
- The box on A Main also gets slightly decreased in
- The garbage bin located next to the box on B Main has been removed.
- The parallel wall on B entrance has been adjusted to let attackers have a wider angle.
- Platform height on Mid increased. The removal of a ledge on the platform and the metal box will prevent defenders from jumping up on the platform using the box.
Valorant Patch 6.0 Notes General Updates
Breeze and Bind have now been removed from competitive and Unrated map rotation. Players can, however, still play the following maps in other modes.
Omen’s Dark Cover (E)
Dark Cover placed inside walls will now fall to the height of nearby ground.
“One-way smokes are a part of VALORANT, but they are difficult to play against and we want to keep them limited to intentional and understandable areas. The DEV team be keeping a close eye on how this impacts Omen's power levels.”
Agent Utility Updates
Most Agent utility except for molotov cocktails will now damage the Lotus breakable door as well as the wall plates on Ascent and Haven.
Valorant Patch 6.0 Notes Competitive and Ranked Updates
With several changes to the ranked competitive queue, the newest act begins a new ranked season giving players an opportunity to climb the ranked ladder. The changes intend to make Ranked Rating gains and losses feel more consistent, and reduce the effect stomps have on your RR. Riot’s Valorant team, will, however, make updates to this system in the future if necessary according to feedback gathered during the live-server release.
- Episode reset reminder: A new Episode means a ranked reset! Expect your placement rank to be lower than at the end of Episode 5, and good luck on your climb!
- Inactive players in the ladder are reset after the new season.
- For all players: Ranked Rating gains/losses will depend slightly more on Win/Loss, and slightly less on the exact round differential of the match.
- Context: Players experience too wide of RR gains/losses from match to match based on the round differential (one win could give 12RR, and the next win could give 20RR). We’re making this change to reduce that swing of RR in gains and losses.
- Winning is still the most important way to climb!
- For players whose ranks are far away from their MMR: RR gains will depend more on individual performance, instead of round differential. You should also see your rank and MMR converge faster. We received feedback that players felt like they would not be rewarded for a good game, or punished too harshly for a bad game during their ranked climb. If a player's rank is below their actual MMR, they will be rewarded more for a good game. If a player's rank is above their MMR, they will not be harshly penalized if they lose, but perform well in that match.
The developer team has added the ability to favorite specific variants of gun skins (along with some UX/UI changes to better support that). Now, when the player favorite’s a specific variant, only the favorited variants will enter the potential pool of weapons the player can take into game upon equppinh the Random Favorite for that weapon type.
On release, the existing favorite weapon skins will now have all unlocked variants favorited to maintain consistency with current behavior.
Valorant Patch 6.0 Notes Complete List of Bug Fixes
Odin’s ammo belt will no longer visually pop into a vertical position when swapping gun buddies in the Model Viewer.
Ascent: Fixed a bug when breaking the door at Market by using an ability on the wall to the side of it.
- Fixed a bug where Cypher’s Trapwire (C) could be placed through Sage’s Barrier Orb (C).
- Fixed objects like traps that were not being damaged if they are placed in molotov patches that are already active.
- Fixed bug where you could see Skye’s Seekers (X) on the minimap while they were still invisible if you had line of sight to their hidden location.
- Fixed a bug where suppression would not properly interrupt Fade’s Prowler (C) control.
- Fixed a bug where Viper was able to deactivate her ultimate, Viper’s Pit (X), while suppressed.
Various gameplay damage interactions fixed:
- Killjoy’s Lockdown (X) should now properly take damage from all abilities.
Fixed Skye’s Trailblazer (Q) dealing damage to enemy Skye’s Trailblazer (Q) and Sova’s Owl Drone (C).
- Fixed Sova’s Hunter’s Fury (X) and Breach’s Aftershock (C) not dealing damage to Raze’s Blast Pack (Q).
- Fixed Phoenix’s Blaze (C) not dealing damage to Harbor’s Cove (Q), Raze’s Blast Pack (Q), Reyna’s Leer (C), Sova’s Recon Bolt (E), and KAY/O’s ZERO/POINT (E).
- Fixed Brimstone’s Orbital Strike (X) not dealing damage to Harbor’s Cove (Q).
- Fixed Breach’s Aftershock (C), Raze’s Showstopper (X) and Paint Shells (E), damaging allied Killjoy’s Nanoswarm (C).
- Sova Hunter’s Fury (X) will no longer damage allied Fade’s Haunt (E).
- Fixed Killjoy’s Nanoswarm (C), Phoenix’s Hot Hands (E) and Blaze (C) not dealing damage to Chamber’s Rendezvous (E) and Trademark (C).
Valorant Patch 6.0 Notes Release Date
Valorant’s Patch 6.0 is scheduled to arrive on live servers across all regions on Tuesday, January 10. Players can view the rest of the changes by clicking on the full patch notes article here. Fans of Riot’s competitive shooter should note that Lotus would be available in competitive with the next patch, 6.1, slated to release later this month. VALORANT servers will be down for a couple of hours before the patch is made available.
For more VALORANT news and updates, follow us here on ESTNN.