| Tags: Valorant
| Author Arnab Baidya
Valorant patch 4.05 brings nerfs Brimstone, brings major system updates
Let's take a look at Valorant patch 4.05.
After the release of the Valorant 4.04 patch, Brimstone became the new meta in the game. We could actually see Brimstone being picked more than before even in the VCT Challengers Stage 1. Soon after the release of the 4.04 patch Riot Games, developers of Valorant realized that the Stim Beacon is being too overpowered for the price it is available for. Not just Brimstone but the 4.04 patch was focused on balance changes mainly for controller agents, and since the release of the patch pick rate for Astra has dropped down.
To make the game more balanced the 4.05 patch will be focusing on it and will also be fixing the bugs that were overlooked or skipped in the previous update. The 4.05 patch update also brings in new game features such as the feature to import and export different crosshairs, Prioritize the Strongest Weapon setting. Along with the Deterministic Map System which is now enabled for all regions to increase the variety of maps on your queue. Here are all the details of the Valorant 4.05 patch update.
As Brimstone is also known as ‘Brimmy with Stimmy', the previous patch reduced the importance of the Stim Beacon, therefore the two charges have been reduced to one so that the beacon is now deployed at the right moment. Also to give the Stim more importance the price has also been increased from $100 to $200.
- Charges reduced 2 > 1
- Cost increased 100 > 200
New Game System Updates
Major changes have been made in the Crosshair Settings options, after adding the option to keep multiple profiles of a crosshair. Now you can also import and export different crosshair settings via auto-generated codes. Here are the steps to import or export crosshair settings:
- Go to Settings, then the Crosshair tab and click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing up, which can be found next to Crosshair Profile. Your auto-generated code will be copied to your clipboard.
- To import crosshair settings, go to Settings, then to the Crosshair tab and click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing down next to Crosshair Profile. Input or paste the code in the provided field and click the “Import” button.
- The crosshair preview at the top of the Settings menu should reflect the imported settings and make sure to give it a unique profile name.
Updated “Prioritize Strongest Weapon” setting
The idea behind this setting is to make the players ready to combat and quickly equip a stronger weapon instead of a melee after using an ability or interacting with the Spike, ult orbs, etc. Since we all have a bad habit to glance the beautiful knife skins between combat. Here are the changes in the Prioritize Strongest Weapon settings:
- Renamed setting to ‘Auto-Equip Prioritizes: Most Recent | Strongest'
- Updated the priority system to support weapon-like abilities:
- Previous priority: Primary > Secondary > Melee
- New priority: (Ultimate & Primary) > (Secondary & Chamber Pistol) > Melee
- You can now also resolve priority ties by selecting the more recently equipped weapon
- New setting added: Don't Auto-Equip Melee
The new Don't Auto-Equip Melee setting will now skip auto equipping melee and switch the most recent weapon to auto-equip. This will also allow pulling the melee back out after channeling or casting abilities, without changing any other auto-equip behavior. The new settings are meant to allow you to modify that behavior based on preference. When considering how abilities fit in, deciding whether Jett's knives or her primary weapon is ‘stronger' depends on gameplay context and your preference. How many knives do you have left? How close is the enemy? How's your aim feeling? In playtesting, we found that the best heuristic for which weapon is contextually stronger was whichever you had equipped previously.
Deterministic Map System is now enabled for all regions, meaning players will now find an increase in the variety of maps when they are queued.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Leave Match button to function incorrectly for PBE players.
- There was an issue where Sova’s Recon Bolt was destroyed by Brimstone’s Orbital Strike even if the Recon Bolt was well out of the area, this has been now fixed.
- Fixed a bug where the mic icon on the scoreboard could not be interacted with after hovering over it with the mouse.
- There are a handful of bug fixes prepped for Icebox, but the team ran into an issue that blocked the developers from shipping them right at the 4.05 launch. The issues will be fixed before the next patch and will be updated soon as they are fixed.