After a three-month hiatus, Overwatch League tokens are back for viewers starting on May 22.
The Overwatch League Tokens, allowing players to purchase their favorite team’s in-game skin, are finally back. Starting on May 22 with the launch of the Overwatch League regional tournaments, viewers will be rewarded for their fidelity by winning five Overwatch League tokens per hour.
🔔 Tokens are HERE 🔔
This is not a drill, you can now earn free league tokens for every hour you spend enjoying #OWL2020 live matches 🙌
— Overwatch League (@overwatchleague) May 20, 2020
The Overwatch League explained how the token rewarding system works:
- Firstly, viewers get five league tokens for every hour spent watching the Overwatch League.
- The viewing time is continuously tracked, so if you watch 30 minutes at a time and come back later for another 30 minutes, you will get the tokens for the cumulative total of one hour.
- The viewing time is only counted for the live matches sponsored on the Overwatch League website and on the official mobile application.
- League tokens will be available on your account after each full hour of viewing.
- Finally, league tokens can be used in Overwatch on all platforms (PC, PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch).
The Overwatch League tokens allow players to purchase in-game skins showcasing their favorite team’s colors. Each hero skin costs 100 Overwatch League tokens. Meaning players need to watch a total of 20 hours of the Overwatch League to buy one skin.
Additionally, the Overwatch League Tokens are not yet available for viewers in China.