What’s New in Patch 9.19?
Cost: 5 gold
Attack Damage: 55
Attack Speed: 1.25
Ability: Killer Instinct:
- Kai’Sa dashes to the furthest enemy unit and receives a shield for 300/600/900 as well as gaining an attack speed buff of 30%/60%/90%. Both buffs last for 3 seconds.
- Recipe: B.F. Sword and B.F. Sword
- Effect; On takedown, wearer gains an additional 15 attack damage until the end of combat (stacks infinitely).
- Recipe: B.F. Sword and Recurve Bow.
- Effect: Attacks deal an additional 5% of enemies’ max health as true damage.
Hand of Justice:
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves and Tear of the Goddess.
- On round start, wearer gains either 40% more damage or 40 life on hit (basic attacks).
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves and Chain Vest.
- Effect: On dodge, creates a frozen field that lowers enemy attack speed by 35%.
- Recipe changed to Sparring Gloves and B.F. Sword.
- Stats: 20% critical strike chance.
- Effect: +150% critical strike damage.
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves and Needlessly Large Rod.
- Effect: Your spells can crit.
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves and Golden Spatula.
- Effect: Wearer is now also a Yordle.
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves and Negatron Cloak.
- Effect: When user is affected by a crowd control effect, it is cleansed. Item has a 5 second cooldown.
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves and Recurve Bow.
- Effect: On champion death, the item will move to a living allied unit and grant that champion an additional 20% attack speed and critical strike chance.
- New component item!
- Gives wearer +10% Critical Strike chance and +10% chance to dodge chance.
- Depending on the item built, the core stats will convert either offensively or defensively, doubling one of the values.
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves and Sparring Gloves.
- Effect: This item takes up all three of a unit’s item slots. On round start, it copies the effects of two random items.
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves and Giant’s Belt.
- Effect: On round start, user gains a spell shield. When destroyed, the enemy who broke it is stunned.
Player Damage Adjustments
(Unit damage to Players upon winning a round).
- 1 Star, Tier 2: Damaged reduced from 2 to 1.
- 2 Star, Tier 2: Damaged reduced from 3 to 2.
- 3 Star, Tier 1: Damage reduced from 4 to 3.
- 3 Star, Tier 2: Damage reduced from 5 to 4.
- Lastly, 3 Star, Tier 3: Damage reduced from 6 to 5.
Mystery Box System Adjustments
(Mystery Box drops earned from defeating Player vs. Environment rounds).
- Common boxes average gold value decreased.
- Uncommon boxes average gold value decreased slightly.
- Slightly lowered the chances of rare (gold) boxes being dropped.
- Tier 4 units can no longer drop from uncommon (green) boxes.
- Slightly increased the chances of Neeko’s Help appearing in all boxes.
Assassin (6) Synergy:
- Increased from 150% critical strike damage & 25% critical strike chance to 150% critical damage & 20% critical chance.
Assassin (9) Synergy:
- Increased from 225% critical strike damage & 40% critical strike chance to 225% critical strike damage & 30% critical strike chance.
Dragon (2) Synergy:
- Magic Reduction reduced from 83% reduction to 75% reduction.
- Glacial stun duration reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
- Stun chance increased from 20/30/45 to 20/33/50.
Ninja (4) Synergy:
- Increased attack damage and ability power from 70 to 80.
- Heal on hit increased from 25 to 30.
Ranger (2) Synergy:
- Attack speed buff reduced from 30% to 25%.
Shapeshifter (6) Synergy:
- Bonus health reduced from 120% to 100%.
Void (2) Synergy:
- One random void champion will deal true damage during combat.
Void (4) Synergy:
- All void champions will deal true damage during combat.
- Yordle dodge chance reduced from 35%/60% to 30%/60%/90%.
- Added 9 Yordle synergy.
Notable Champion Changes
- Health increased from 700 to 750.
- Attack speed increased from 0.6 to 0.8.
- Starting/total mana increased from 0/100 to 50/125.
- Ability targeting changed from random to furthest target.
- Attack damage reduced from 50 to 40.
- Attack speed reduced from 0.6 to 0.55.
- Armor increased from 25 to 35.
- Mana steal and shield power increased from 20/40/60 to 25/50/75.
Miss Fortune (BUFF)
- Health increased from 700 to 750.
- Attack speed increased from 0.85 to 0.95.
- Mana increased from 0/75 to 0/150.
- Ability damage increased from 900/1300/1700 to 1300/2000/2700.
- Ability targeting changed from current target to furthest target.
Patch 9.19 is bringing forth a ton of new changes, especially so with the inclusion of the new component item – Sparring Gloves. Many of the new items that can be crafted have amazing effects that are focused on huge damage. Effectiveness will vary between synergies, but armies that will favor the majority of the new items are Assassins, Rangers and Gunslingers.
These new items bring a lot more firepower to the potential arsenal a player can build, bringing on a ton of extra damage that simply wasn’t achievable before. One of the strongest items being introduced is the new Deathblade which grants the wearer an additional 15 attack damage on takedown, stacking infinitely. Assassins wielding this item will be able to wipe a backline much more quickly and bring a ton of extra damage to clean up the remaining army. Besides Assassins, Rangers and Gunslingers will be able to safely shred everything in their path as well.
Tier Five Unit Buffs
Tier Five units were also revamped with the addition of Kai’Sa and the adjustments of Anivia and Miss Fortune who received substantial buffs. Kai’Sa is a hybrid of Assassin Yasuo and the Ranger synergy, being able to pounce a backline and shred them with 2 forms of attack speed buffs. She’s a force to be reckoned with, especially when paired with the Void’s true damage synergy. In addition to having access to many aggressive traits, Kai’Sa can wield just about any item.
In comparison to Kai’Sa, Anivia and Miss Fortune had nowhere near the same damage that she offers now. Riot decided to change their ability targeting to the furthest units which would enable them to have a higher damage output. Reworking MF to become an auto attack-based gunslinger rather than a caster will see her explode teams, especially with a 6 Gunslinger synergy. She’ll slowly develop those hard-hitting autos into a powerful ultimate, unleashing a barrage of bullets that should wipe a team nearly by herself. Similarly, Anivia will try to obliterate a backline with her ultimate, but it won’t be as heavy-hitting as the new Miss Fortune will.
Many other miscellaneous buffs and nerfs came through for a variety of different champions and items. For more information on those changes, you can find the official 9.19 patch notes here: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/teamfight-tactics-patch-919-notes