What’s New in Patch 9.18?
Mystery Box System
- Item drops now come in three “mystery boxes” ranging from common, uncommon and rare.
- Common mystery boxes contain gold, champions, or Neeko’s Help.
- Uncommon mystery boxes contain item components, gold, champions or Neeko’s Help.
- Rare mystery boxes contain Golden Spatulas, gold, champions or Neeko’s Help.
- Every player will receive approximately the same number of boxes and item components as their opponents within the same game.
- A new consumable item that creates a 1-star copy of a selected champion on the bench.
- Level 5 experience required increased from 10 to 12.
- Level 6 experience required increased from 18 to 20.
- Level 7 experience required increased from 20 to 32.
- Level 8 experience required increased from 46 to 50.
- Level 9 experience required increased from 64 to 70.
Champion Drop Rates
(Numbers in order from tier 1 to tier 5 units.)
- Level 3 unit drops by tier changed from 65%/ 30%/ 5%/ 0%/ 0% to 70%/ 25%/ 5%/ 0%/ 0%.
- Level 5 unit drops by tier changed from 37%/ 35%/ 25%/ 3%/ 0% to 35%/ 35%/ 25%/ 5%/ 0%.
- Level 6 unit drops by tier changed from 24.5%/ 35%/ 30%/ 10%/ 0.5% to 25%/ 35%/ 30%/ 10%/ 0%.
- Level 9 unit drops by tier changed from 10%/ 15%/ 35%/ 30%/ 10% to 10%/ 15%/ 33%/ 30%/ 12%.
Champion Pool Size
- Tier 3 champions in pool reduced from 21 to 18.
Item Stacking Changes
The following items are not intended to stack and will now return to your inventory when equipped by a unit whom already has the “Unique Passive” applied to them:
- Blade of the Ruined King
- Frozen Mallet
- Knight’s Vow
- Phantom Dancer
- Red Buff
- Youmuu’s Ghostblade
- Added a 9-piece bonus for Assassins:
- Grants 225% critical strike damage and 40% critical strike chance.
- Assassin jump delay increased from 0.325 seconds to 0.395 seconds.
- Golem armor increased from 20 to 40.
- Damage reduction increased from 15/30/55 to 15/35/65.
- Added a 9-piece bonus for Sorcerers:
- Grants 175% spell power.
- Wild 4-piece bonus now grants all allies 12% attack speed per stack (up to 5 stacks) and their basic attacks cannot miss.
- Camille’s attack damage increased from 50 to 55. (BUFF)
- Elise’s Spiderling attack damage increased from 50 to 60. (BUFF)
- Graves armor increased from 20 to 30. (BUFF)
- Kassadin attack damage reduced from 55 to 50. (NERF)
- Kha’Zix mana pool increased from 0/50 to 0/65. (NERF)
- Pyke starting mana reduced from 75 to 50. (NERF)
- Twisted Fate’s health increased from 450 to 500. Pick a Card’s Blue Card mana gain increased from 20/35/50 to 30/50/70. (BUFF)
- Evelynn’s Last Caress execute threshold increased from 65% to 50%. Execute multiplier changed from 3/5/7 to 3/4/5. (NERF)
- Katarina mana pool changed from 0/100 to 0/85. (BUFF)
- Akali’s Five Point Strike damage increased from 150/275/400 to 200/350/500. (BUFF)
- Anivia’s Glacial Storm duration changed from 8 seconds to 6. Still applies 800 damage over the duration. (BUFF)
- Pantheon health reduced from 1000 to 850. Attack damage reduced from 80 to 75. (NERF)
- BF Sword attack damage reduced from 20 to 15. (NERF)
- Frozen Heart debuff duration increased from 2.875 seconds to 4 seconds. (BUFF)
- Locket of the Iron Solari shield increased from 250 (for 6 seconds) to 300 (for 7 seconds). (BUFF)
- Swordbreaker disarm increased from 25% chance to disarm (for 4 seconds) to 33% chance to disarm (for 3 seconds). (BUFF)
- Zephyr banish duration increased from 5 seconds to 6 seconds. (BUFF)
Various changes came through for TFT’s 9.18 patch. Undisputedly, the biggest is the brand-new system changes that look to not only shake up the game but to try and keep it fair. The implementation of the “mystery box” system will hopefully make drops feel more consistent while somewhat minimizing the random number generated (RNG) chances of not receiving any drops.
In summary, the new system should make the game seem a bit fairer as all players will drop roughly the same number of boxes and item components from said boxes. However, this does not mean that players will receive the same rarity of mystery boxes. The variation to the game should keep it feeling fresh as it progresses and add a level of excitement when obtaining rare boxes.
Another significant addition to the game comes in the form of the only consumable item to be added to the game thus far, Neeko’s Help. The item will create a 1-star copy of the unit it is placed upon and add them to your bench. As a result of this, players should have an increased chance of upgrading their units as pool sizes start to decrease to compensate for the new item (such as the tier 3 pool reduction).
Aside from those, many buffs and nerfs came through for a decent chunk of the Teamfight Tactics cast as well as the items they wield. For the most part, these changes should all prove more beneficial to players and further the meta development of the game.
Lastly, a dozen other bugfixes were put in place along with a new Music soundtrack which you can find on Riot’s official patch notes here: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/teamfight-tactics-patch-918-notes?utm_source=LeagueClient&utm_medium=OverviewTier2Pos1.
Images via Dexerto, InvenGlobal,