What’s New in Patch 9.17?
- Cost: 5 Gold.
- Origin: Dragon.
- Class: Guardian.
- Ability: Grand Starfall
- Pantheon leaps into the air, crashing down towards the farthest enemy and stunning them for 4/6/8 seconds. Enemies in Pantheon’s path take 15%/30%/45% of their maximum health as magic damage. Subsequently, they also burn for an additional 20% of their maximum health as true damage over 10 seconds. Also applies Grievous Wounds.
- The first carousel now has all 2 cost units.
- Ghost armies now benefit from Trait bonuses.
- Attack speed cap has been increased from 2.5 to 5.0.
- Tooltips have been updated to be clearer, and numbers scale with ability power.
- Increased the delay before Assassins jump so they can access backline units more often.
- 3 Trait bonuses changed from 125% critical strike damage to 75% critical damage & 10% critical strike chance.
- 6 Trait bonuses changed from 350% critical strike damage to 150% critical damage & 25% critical strike chance.
- Item disable duration reduced from 8 seconds to 7 seconds.
- Armor and Magic resist reduced from 60 to 50.
- Healing reduced from 35 to 25.
- Double attack speed chance increased from 25%/65% to 30% /70%.
- Nidalee total mana reduced from 100 to 85.
- Jayce armor increased from 30 to 35.
- Jayce will now transform at max mana, even if there isn’t a unit in range to knockback.
- Shyvana total mana reduced from 100 to 85.
- Gnar total mana reduced from 125 to 100.
- Dodge chance increased from 20%/55% to 35%/60%.
- Adjusted his interaction with Rapidfire Cannon. He maintains the bonus range but it now narrows his bullet spread like a shotgun choke.
- Health increased from 600 to 650.
- Health increased from 450 to 500.
- Starting mana and total mana reduced from 50/125 to 0/85.
- Ability damage increased from 150/275/400 to 175/325/475.
- Relentless Pursuit’s second shot now scales with Lucian’s attack speed
- Ability damage reduced from 200/325/450 to 150/250/350.
- Stun duration reduced from 5/8/11 seconds to 5/7/9 seconds.
- Grievous Wounds healing reduction reduced from 100% to 80%.
- Bloodthirster healing reduced from 50% of basic damage dealt to 40% of basic damage dealt.
- Hextech Gunblade healing reduced from 33% of damage dealt to 25% of damage dealt.
- Swain Demonflare healing reduced from 50/90/130 to 40/70/100.
- Redemption healing reduced from 1500 to 1200.
Before getting into the patch changes, Pantheon makes his grand appearance into Teamfight Tactics to give your team a lot more muscle. Pantheon is a Dragon/Guardian unit making him fairly tanky with both bonuses activated. Together with those stats and his Grand Starfall ability, Pantheon will be a devastating frontline unit with his somewhat over tuned ability. He’ll slot in perfectly with any composition that uses the Guardian trait effectively. He can also find success in sorcerer comps, especially if given the Sorcerer buff through the spatula item. His ability is able to nearly wipe an entire team with a Rabadon’s Deathcap and the sorcerer buff.
Beyond the new unit, some significant trait changes came in as well. The reworking of assassins is a particularly interesting one. Although their pounce mechanic has been delayed slightly to enable easier access to backline units, their damage ratios were changed considerably. Although Assassins will lose out on major burst damage through their reduced critical strike damage, they will be able to critical strike more often with the increased critical strike chance given to them. It's safe to say the change alone will bring more Assassin compositions back into the game.
A welcomed nerf also came to Hextech and Noble traits, the latter being much more significant. Shapeshifter units also received a multitude of buffs to increase their chances of actually transforming. The final major change was the new balancing on healing and how healing mechanics worked. Originally, Grievous Wounds would completely nullify healing by 100%. Since the mechanic was nerfed to 80%, items were balanced accordingly to reduce overall healing as their counter’s effectiveness was reduced.
There were also many bug fixes that were implemented into the newest patch. If you want to check out the official patch notes for more information, you can find the link here: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/teamfight-tactics-patch-917-notes.