The latest Call of Duty Modern Warfare patch is failing to deliver.
Anticipation was high yesterday when Infinity Ward announced a new patch for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. However, that anticipation did not last very long. Quickly becoming one of the top trends on Twitter, this new COD patch tore across social media with extreme force.
A title update and playlist update will begin going out across all platforms tonight at 11PM PST! Click the link to see a list of fixes, what's coming to #ModernWarfare multiplayer, Special Operations, #Warzone, and more! https://t.co/X1hZXsnrtu pic.twitter.com/IqGS8mdtO8
— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) May 19, 2020
In With The New
There are quite a lot of updated features for fans of the franchise. Take a look at the official release Infinity Ward put out for yourself.
- "Call of Duty Endowment “Fearless” Pack is now available!
- New Gunfight Map, Aisle 9!
- New Multiplayer Map, Hardhat!
- Modified Special Operations! Replay existing Operations with a twist! Some enemies may charge more frequently or maybe they can only be taken down with headshots. Check out new Modified Special Operations and earn new rewards each week!"
Modern Warfare will also include Realism Moshpit with NVG, a newly Reinfected Ground War as well as Core Ground War, Blueprint Gunfight, an Aisle 9 Face-Off Moshpit, and Hard Hat 24/7.
Warzone issues were sorted out as well, including the latest bug where a player could become immune to the gas (if they were bought back as the final circle was closing). Infinity Ward further listed the new updates in their press release.
- "Fix for a rare bug that left a player in the Gulag until the end of the match
- PC: Fixed an issue where the gas mask overlay could remain on screen after leaving the gas and entering a vehicle
- Removed the option to “Squad Fill” while in BR Solo
- Fix for voice chat sometimes cutting out during a match
- Reduced the RPG kill radius for players with full armor
- Final circle now moves (BR)
- The Most Wanted contract has had the time reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes
- Replaced Shield Turret with Armor Box at Buy Stations (Shield Turret is still in loot)"
While these are all apt changes, fans are disappointed with the way Infinity Ward has handled their technical rollout. In fact, one response from a fan on Twitter has about half the amount of views as Infinity Ward’s update tweet.
Infinity Ward’s interview about Warzone: pic.twitter.com/MZjbKPm2aP
— BloodShot (@Blood__Shot) May 19, 2020
So while it is great that Infinity Ward is consistently updating the game, that is their job. They have to do that… but at the end of the day, the big issue remains.
Infinity Ward Doesn’t Listen
Call of Duty fans are quite direct about what they want, and on Twitter, they can be downright explicit. The amount of times that this community has reached out for simple game changes, like this ridiculous duos situation, is obscene. Almost uncountable.
However, there is still a lot of room for improvement or Infinity Ward. They updated a lot and continue to work on the best version of the game that they possibly can. Yet, they fail and fail, over and over, trying to make a fully-functional game without attesting to the needs or wantings of fans.
Call of Duty has gone through so many different incarnations over the years that Infinity Ward must be stuck in fan service hell. There might just be a duos update worth fighting for, but until then, Twitter will continue to bash Infinity Ward for not tending to gamers. After all, if the game you work on constantly needs to be worked on, maybe there’s a reason for fans’ constant internet bashing.