One of the oldest ADCs in League is getting a mid-scope update, here are the details of the Sivir Update.
Sivir is one of the oldest champions in the game of League of Legends and has been a mainstay in both solo queue and pro play on multiple points during the history of the game. Despite the previous popularity of The Battle Mistress, she hasn’t been a favorite pick in the last year or so, or not played as a crit ADC when she has.
With the Riot’s promise of increasing mid-scope updates and the releases of Swain, Taliyah and Olaf in recent weeks, the devs had turned their eyes to the bot lane. It was announced on the lead champion designer August 'August' Browning’s Twitter that Sivir would be the new champion getting updated, and the community response to this pick was mostly positive.
Today another Rioter, Ray ‘RayYonggi’ Williams put out another Tweet that revealed what are these changes. The changes will be on PBE for a while and planned to drop sometime this week.
The changes are mainly aimed to modernize Sivir’s kit as she is not very good at dealing with more modern champions. Her low range combined with her abilities not synergizing with crit builds means she struggled to survive while many ADCs were enjoying the Mythic item updates.
When looking at the general numbers from patch 12.11 Sivir has a 1.78% pick rate when we look at Platinum+ ranks, even though she has around a 50% win rate. Her pro-play presence isn’t better either. Once one of the most common ADCs among pros, Sivir was only picked 29 times in the major regions since the start of Season 10.
Most Sivir’s played her as more of a caster in the recent seasons, preferring Muramana and Duskblade over items like Kraken Slayer and Galeforce. So, Riot is giving her some bonus scaling in her abilities, namely crit scaling on her ‘Q’ and AS scaling in her ‘W’ means she is incentivized to opt into regular marksmen items. Combining the AS scaling in the ‘W’ with Lethal Tempo and the new bounce changes means she has a chance to be a menace in team fights in a meta focused greatly on objective fights.
While you can try the new Sivir on PBE starting this week, there is no indication on when she will be on live servers.
Sivir Update Changes
- Mana reduced from 325 + 50 per lvl to 300 + 40 per lvl
- Mana regen reduced from 8 + .9 per level to 6 + .8 per lvl
- AD changed from 63 + 3 per lvl to 58 + 3.3 per lvl
- Base HP reduced from 632 to 600
- AS growth increased from 1.6% to 2%
Fleet of Foot (Passive)
- Now decays over 2 seconds instead of flat 2 seconds
- MS increased from 45 - 60 to 55 - 70
Boomerang Blade (Q)
- Base damage changed from 35 - 95 to 15 - 115
- AD ratio reduced from 70% - 130% to 70% flat
- Cooldown increased from 7 seconds flat to 12 - 10
- Cast time now scales .25 to 0 seconds based on attack speed
- Damage is now increased by crit chance, up to 100% bonus damage
- Mana cost reduced from 70 - 110 to 55 - 75
- Missile speed changed from 1350 both ways to 1450 outwards and 1200 inwards
- Buff duration changed from 3 attacks to 4 seconds
- Now grants 20% - 40% bonus AS
- Now limited to 7 bounces per richochet
- Can now bounce back to targets already hit
- AD ratio reduced from 30% - 90% to 30% flat
- Bounce range increased from 450 units to 500
- Mana cost reduced from 75 flat to 75 - 55
Spell Shield (E)
- No longer refunds mana
- Now heals her for 60% - 80% AD + 50% AP
- Now procs her passive
- Mana cost increased from 0 to 40
- Cooldown increased from 22 - 10 seconds to 22 - 14
On the Hunt (R)
- No longer grants AS or initial big burst of MS
- Still has the lower amount of MS
- Duration increased from 8 seconds flat to 8 - 12
- Refreshes on takedowns within 3 seconds of damaging
- Auto attacks now reduce her ability cooldowns by .5 seconds during ult