With the LoL’s 12.14 patch coming in next week, let’s take a look at what is changing and how can the meta change.
The League balance team is continuing with the Season 12 trend of heavy patches again, as 12.14 looks to be filled with changes to champions, runes and different objectives on the Rift. The proposed changes were shared on Twitter by the members of the team and some of these were met with heavy criticism by the player base. As such, some of the changes were reverted, the most prominent being the would-be changes to summoner spell ‘Teleport,’ which would nerf its cooldown to 420 seconds from 360.
Today, the lead designer on the League Balance Team, Matt ‘Phroxzon’ Leung-Harrison, shared the full list of upcoming changes on his Twitter. According to Phroxzon, this will be the last patch of this size and the latter ones will be smaller, till we get to the Worlds patch. He also talked about some early game adjustments centered around pro play, but there were no details so it remains to be seen.
Honing in on changelists for Patch 12.14.
We're pulling the Teleport changes and are focusing on stability for the rest of the season. Expect smaller patches as we head towards the end of the year (outside of World's patch).
Healing and Pro Play lists are in earlier posts. pic.twitter.com/1tBG0rX3v8
— Matt Leung-Harrison (@RiotPhroxzon) July 19, 2022
Rune, item and objective changes
Patch 12.14 has as many system changes as it has champion changes. The most significant one seems to be the adjustments around the drakes. As we talked about them before, the focus is on individual drake buffs, rather than the soul buff. In 12.14, your team will greatly benefit from taking just one drake, but with the increased HP of these drakes, soloing objectives will be harder. This can lead to more early-game junglers being in the meta, especially if they are good at taking objectives alone.
Most of the changes around the runes and items are about sustain, whether it is in lane or out. The only exceptions are Sunfire Aegis and Chempunk Chainsword, but these two items were especially overperforming in the last patches. The patch will see all support items losing a little bit of heal and shield power and nearly all sustain runes in lane getting nerfed. Nerfing support items wholly can be problematic, but enchanters have been dominating bot lane ever since the Durability Update and this change may bring back some of the engage supports like Leona or Alistar back into the meta.
Lastly, there are changes to two summoner spells, other than the reverted TP ones. Exhaust and Challenging Smite (aka Red Smite). Red smite specifically has been strong for too long and players have been complaining about it as can be seen in one of the recent LEC interviews with the pro players.
What to expect from LoL 12.14 Patch?
The champion changes for 12.14 looks like mainly focused on bringing the overperforming champions down a little. There aren’t too many buffs that catch the eye at the first glance, with the obvious expectation of Pantheon jungle. The once dominant jungler has been absent from the role ever since Riot brought down his damage increase to camps to 70% from 100%. It is interesting that this new buff will put his damage higher than before, but nowadays he doesn't have that guaranteed tower dive mechanic. All in all, it is always fun to have the Aspect of War in the meta.
The nerfs on the patch are a lot more interesting. The first champion on the list is Sivir, who just got a mid-scope update and is a bit stronger than desired. The changes are mainly focused around his wave pushing power as it is currently near impossible to be able to push her in at any stage of the game. We will also see some Yuumi nerfs, which always make players happy. But the nerf is to her AP ratios, which the cat tends to not build much. The support item nerfs should affect her more than this individual one, but if you enjoy playing Yuumi she should be still fine.
We will also see some Zeri nerfs, but the balance team decided not to make any changes to her Ultrashock Laser (W), which is the part most players complain about. Then there is the biggest and most wanted change of the season, Gankplank. While the changes are labeled as ‘adjustment’, it very much looks like nerfs when it comes to the champion’s early game. When you face a Gankplank in patch 12.14, it will do less poke damage and will be squisher in lane, until level 8 or so at least, but Riot seems to give him some compensation buffs in the late game with passive damage and barrel scaling. It will be interesting to see how Gankplank performs in the next patch, but he shouldn’t be as dominant in lane as he is now.
When does League of Legends Patch 12.11 go live?
Due to the Riot’s one-week break last week, 12.14 was delayed for the same period. Still, the patch is expected to go live on next Wednesday, on July 27.
The first region that the patch will drop is the Oceania servers at 10 AM AEDT. The rest of the servers will follow suit in the morning hours of their respective regions. Here are the timings for most servers:
- 3 AM PT (NA)
- 5 AM GMT (EUW)
- 3 AM CET (EUNE)
- 8 AM KST (Korea)
Full changes on LoL Patch 12.14 (from Reddit, u/JTHousek1)
- [Q] Comet Spear monster damage increased 70% >>> 105%
- [Q] Dragon Strike bAD ratio increased 120% >>> 140%
- [E] Demacian Standard cooldown reduced 12 flat >>> 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
- Mana growth increased 20 >>> 25
- [R] Noxious Trap AP ratio increased 50% >>> 55%
- [R] Noxious Trap mana cost reduced 75 flat >>> 75/55/35
- [R] Noxious Trap cast range increased 400/650/900 >>> 600/750/900 units
- [Q] Pulverize cooldown reduced 15/14/13/12/11 >>> 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
- [Q] Pulverize mana cost reduced 65/70/75/80/85 >>> 55/60/65/70/75
- Base mana increased 344 >>> 400
- Mana growth increased 50 >>> 55
- [W] Distortion base damage increased 75/110/145/18/215 to 75/115/155/195/235
- Base AD increased 59 >>> 62
LoL 12.14 Patch Champion Nerfs
- [Q] Boomerang Blade cast time 0.25-0.18 >>> 0.25-0.10 (based on bAS) seconds (BUGFIX)
- [W] Ricochet minion damage reduced 80% >>> 65%
- [W] Ricochet bounces will last-hit minions that are left with less than 15 HP
- [E] Zoomies heal AP ratio reduced 35% >>> 30%
- [W] Surround Sound shield AP ratio reduced 35% >>> 25%
- [W] Surround Sound heal AP ratio reduced 6% >>> 4% missing HP per 100 AP
- Base HP reduced 580 >>> 540
- HP regeneration growth reduced 1.75 >>> 1.25
- [Q] Burst Fire right click no longer deals 6x damage to enemies below 35% max HP
- [Q] Burst Fire right click now executes enemies below 60-150 HP (based on level)
- [R] Lightning Crash on-hit damage reduced 10/15/20 >>> 5/10/15
- Base health reduced 595 >>> 545
- Base AD reduced 51 >>> 49
- Base HP regeneration increased 2.5 >>> 3.5
- [P] Stone Skin regeneration per stack reduced 0.5% max HP (3% max stacks) >>> 0.35% max HP (2.1% max stacks)
- HP per level increased 104 >>> 114
- [E] Umbral Dash healing reduced 18/20/22/24/26% >>> 18/19.5/21/22.5/24%
- [R] World Ender healing reduced 25/40/55% >>> 25/35/45%
- HP per level increased 99 >>> 109
- [P] The Darkin Scythe healing reduced 25-35% (based on level) >>> 20-30% (based on level)
- [E] Eye of the Storm bonus heal and shield power reduced 20% >>> 15%
- [E] Eye of the Storm shield amount increased 65/90/115/140/165 >>> 75/100/125/150/175
- [R] Monsoon heal per second increased 90/145/200 (+45% AP) >>> 100/150/200 (+50% AP)
- Base HP reduced 640 >>> 600
- HP per level increased 104 >>> 114
- Base Armor reduced 35 >>> 31
- [P] Trial By Fire damage now also has a critical strike chance ratio of +250% Critical Strike Chance
- [Q] Parrrley base damage adjusted 20/45/70/95/120 >>> 10/40/70/100/130
- [E] Powder Keg slow amount adjusted 40/50/60/70/80% >>> 30/37.5/45/52.5/60% (+0.25% per 1% crit chance)
- [E] Powder Keg bonus physical damage adjusted 80/105/130/155/180 >>> 75/105/135/165/195
- [E] Powder Keg bonus damage on crit reduced 125% >>> 110%
Heal and Shield Power
- Forbidden Idol heal and shield power reduced 10% >>> 8%
- Ardent Censer heal and shield power reduced 10% >>> 8%
- Staff of Flowing Water heal and shield power reduced 10% >>> 8%
- Mikael's Blessing heal and shield power reduced 20% >>> 16%
- Redemption heal and shield power reduced 20% >>> 16%
- Moonstone Renewer max stacks reduced 5 >>> 4
Early Sustain Runes/Items
- Health Potion healing reduced 150 >>> 120
- Refillable and Corrupting Potion healing reduced 120 >>> 100
- Biscuit Delivery healing reduced 10% >>> 8% missing HP
- Biscuit Delivery max mana increase reduced 50 >>> 40 mana
- Time Warp Tonic movespeed reduced 4% >>> 2%
- Bone Plating cooldown increased 45 >>> 55 seconds
- Conditioning armor and magic resistance reduced 9 >>> 8
- Conditioning total armor and magic resistance increase reduced 4% >>> 3%
- Guardian cooldown increased 70-40 (based on level) >>> 90-40 seconds (based on level)
- Unflinching tenacity and slow resistance lowered 10-30% (based on missing health) >>> 3-25% (based on missing health)
- Scorch damage increased 15-35 >>> 20-40 (based on level)
- Second Wind heal reduced 6 (+4% missing health) >>> 3 (+4% missing health)
- Sudden Impact lethality increased 7 >>> 9
- Sudden Impact magic penetration increased 6 >>> 7
- Damage reduction reduced 20% >>> 10%
- Damage reduction reduced 40% >>> 35%
- This was taken from the PBE as it was changed from the original preview Phroxzon shared.
- Immolate base damage reduced 12-30 (based on level) >>> 15 flat
- Immolate bonus HP ratio increased 1% >>> 1.5%
- Cost increased 2600 >>> 2800
LoL 12.14 Patch System Adjustments
Dragon Durability/Individual Rewards
- Cloud Drake Buff increased 3.5% >>> 7% slow resistance and out-of-combat movespeed
- Hextech Drake Buff increased 6% AS and 6 AH >>> 9% AS and 9 AH
- Infernal Drake Buff increased 4% >>> 6% AD/AP
- Mountain Drake Buff increased 6% >>> 9% Armor/MR
- Ocean Drake Buff increased 2% >>> 3% missing health per 5 seconds
- Cloud Soul Buff bonus movespeed increased 10% >>> 15%
- Dragon HP Pre-Rift transformation increased 2650 (+240 per level) >>> 3450 (+380 per level)
- Dragon HP Post-Rift transformation increased 4350 (+240 per level) >>> 6950 (+380 per level)
- Cloud Drake AD reduced 50 >>> 35
- Hextech Drake AD reduced 66.7 >>> 47
- Infernal Drake AD reduced 100 >>> 70
- Mountain Drake AD reduced 150 >>> 105
- Ocean Drake AD reduced 100 >>> 70
- All Drake percent current health damage on basic attack reduced 7% >>> 5%
- Elder Dragon HP increased 6400(+180 per minute) >>> 6400 (+290 per minute)
- Elder Dragon AD reduced 150 >>> 105
- Rift Herald gold reward increased 100 to killer >>> 100 to killer + 200 local gold
- 2nd Rift Herald Mercenary (summoned Herald) HP increased 3180-6360 (based on level) >>> 5565-11130 (based on level)