Patch 9.20 is boasting a few major updates for a few champions as well as the usual small attunements to others. If you’re a Garen, Shaco or Viktor player, this latest set of reworks should be jaw-dropping after a much-deserved longing for any sort of adjustment.
What’s New in Patch 9.19?
Base Stats Decrease:
- Armor reduced from 44 to 40.
- Armor growth reduced from 4.0 to 3.5.
Baste Stats Increase:
- Attack speed growth increased from 2.9% to 3.65%.
- Health increased from 616.28 to 620.
- Health growth decreased from 84.25 to 84.
Passive – Perseverance:
- Regenerates 1.5% to 10.1% of his maximum health per 5 seconds.
- Garen no longer doubles his health regeneration below 25%/50% of his maximum health.
- Updated “Regeneration Interruption”, Garen will activate Perseverance after being out of combat for 7 seconds.
Q – Decisive Strike:
- Cast time scales with Garen’s attack speed, behaving more like an auto-attack.
W – Courage:
- Resistances per kill decreased from 0.33 bonus armor and magic resistance (max of 50 at 150 unit kills) to 0.25 bonus armor and magic resistance (max of 30 at 150 unit kills).
- Updated “Shield Me”, grants Garen a shield for 10% of his maximum health and 60% Tenacity for the first 0.75 seconds.
E – Judgment:
- Spins changed from 5-10 (based on level) to 7 +1 per 20% attack speed.
- Damage per spin changed from 14/18/22/26/30 (+0.36-0.4 attack damage) to 8/12/16/20/24 (+0-8 based on level) (+0.32-0.4 attack damage).
- Bonus damage to a single target reduced from 33% to 25%.
- Spins before shred increased from 4 to 6.
- Now grants stacks of Conqueror on each spin.
R – Demacian Justice:
- Removed the Villain passive.
- Now grants vision of the target for 1 second, preventing the ultimate from canceling after target breaks line of sight.
- Damage changed from 175/350/525 (+0.286 /0.333 /0.4 of the target’s missing health) as magic damage to 150/300/450 (+0.2/0.25/0.3 of the target’s missing health) as true damage.
Base Stat Increase:
- Basic attack range increased from 125 to 475.
- Ivern is now classified as a ranged champion for all runes, items, etc.
W – Brushmaker:
- No longer increases Ivern’s attack range.
Base Stat Increase
- Armor increased from 20 to 22.
Passive – Iceborn Subjugation:
- Damage ratio increased from 0.3 ability power to5 ability power.
W – Ring of Frost:
- Damage ratio increased from 0.5 ability power to7 ability power.
Q – Comet Spear:
- Base damage reduced from 75/115/155/195/235 to 75/110/145/180/215.
Q – Edge of Ixtal:
- Base damage reduced from 80/100/120/140/160 to 60/85/110/135/160.
Base Stats decrease:
- Attack damage reduced from 66 to 63.
- Attack damage growth reduced from 3.5 to 3.
Passive – Backstab:
- Basic attacking an enemy now deals an additional 10 to 25 damage (based on levels) +0.15 bonus attack damage while attacking from behind. Can also critically strike.
Q – Deceive:
- Stealth duration reduced from 1.5/2.25/3/3.75/4.5 seconds to5/2.75/3/3.25/3.5 seconds.
- Cooldown decreased from 16/15.5/15/14.5/14 seconds to 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds.
- Deceive’s cooldown no longer reduced when exiting stealth after basic attacking.
- Damage changed from 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.4 bonus attack damage) +0.3 ability power to 25/35/45/55/65 +0.25 bonus attack damage).
- When attacking from behind, Deceive will critically strike for 130% damage.
W – Jack In The Box:
- When activated, boxes will now attack multiple enemies in an area of effect.
- Area of effect damage deals 15/20/25/30/35 (+0.1 ability power). Single target damage unchanged.
- Now fears non-champions for 2 seconds.
- Feared unit movement speed changed from 100 movement speed for all enemies to 60 movement speed for minions and monsters/100 movement speed on champions.
E – Two-Shiv Poison:
- Damage type changed from physical to magical.
- Can now critically strike from behind.
- Damage changed from 55/80/105/130/155 (+0.6/0.75/0.9/1.05/1.2 bonus attack damage and +0.75 ability power to 70/95/120/145/170 +0.8 bonus attack damage and +0.6 ability power.
- Execute damage changed from 0-50% increased damage based on missing health to 50% increased damage on targets below 30% health.
R – Hallucinate:
- Clone boxes now activate immediately upon landing.
- Explosion damage reduced from 200/300/400 +1.0 ability power to 150/225/300 +0.7 ability power.
- Clone box damage deals 10/20/30 +0.1 ability power. Single target damage unchanged.
- Fear duration reduced from 0.75/1/1.25 seconds to 1 second.
Passive – Power Chord:
- Added a resource bar.
Base Stats Increase:
- Attack damage increased from 59 to 61.
- Mana regeneration increased from 7.34 to 8.
- Mana pool reduced from 360.5 to 360.
- Health increased from 499 to 500.
Q – Siphon Power:
- Shield changed from 8% of his maximum mana +0.15 ability power to 30-115 based on levels +0.15 ability power.
W – Gravity Field:
- Augment changed from enemies stunned by Gravity Field are dragged into the center to direct hits slow enemies by 20% for 1 second (does not proc on ultimate ticks).
R – Chaos Storm:
- Chaos Storm will continue chasing champions even after Viktor is killed.
- Chaos Storm can now also move over terrain.
- Ticks increased from 3 to 6, cadence reduced from 2 seconds to 1.
- Damage per tick reduced from 130/210/290 +0.85 ability power to 65/105/145 +0.45 ability power.
- Augment changed from Chaos Storm moves 20% faster to 25% faster (minimum movement speed is now 200 to 250; maximum movement speed is now 300 to
Locket of the Iron Solari (BUFF)
- Shield strength increased from 30 +15 per level to 120 +10 per level.
The obviously large changes coming in this patch target Garen, Shaco and Viktor. Between Garen and Shaco, rarely have they seen competitive play outside of a handful of scenarios. Viktor rose to dominance and fell without grace after the Kleptomancy armor stacking meta of his died out.
Focusing on Garen, he was previously labeled as a juggernaut. This is a class of champion that was near unkillable and had damage to match his survivability. This patch looks to give Garen a steroid boost with the changes being implemented. Stacking attack speed on Garen is now incredibly viable as two of his abilities now scale with it. Taking Conqueror will also be a more viable option since Judgment can actually stack the rune while spinning. It's safe to say Garen will become a terrorizing force, especially when chopping down a single target.
Whether you love him or hate him, the Demon Jester is finally in the limelight. Shaco’s changes turned his slow clear speed right around with the addition of area damaging Jack in the Boxes. High-level players have already tested his new clear, being able to vanquish three camps while the enemy starts their second. Beware of Shaco in solo queue because you’re almost guaranteed going to see him.
Viktor received some quality of life changes after Riot took him down a couple of notches. Changing the W augment doesn’t seem very game-changing when compared to the R augment. The Machine Herald’s Chaos Storm will be flying at you with incredible speed, capping at 375 units. In short, you may see Viktor rise to power once again on the Worlds stage.
For more information on the patch, you can find the official post here: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-920-notes.