Riot Games has been hard at work in churning out a fresh patch to League of Legends, taking a specific focus on the middle lane of the game. Smaller changes are occurring this time around in an effort to balance the pool. By the way, this is also the patch where the newly reworked Pantheon will be dropping in! For those interested in Teamfight Tactics, that game mode also has a ton of balances changes, with new champions being added, and is reintroducing the Beta Pass too!
What’s New in Patch 9.16?
Passive: Mortal Will – After five basic attacks, Pantheon’s next ability will be empowered.
Q: Comet Spear – Tap: Pantheon strikes in a direction, damaging all enemies in a short line. Hold: Pantheon throws his spear across a large distance in a line. Empowered effect: Enemies take extra damage and are slowed.
W: Shield Vault – Pantheon leaps to a targeted enemy, dealing damage and briefly stunning them. Empowered effect Pantheon attacks the target three times, each with reduced damage.
E: Aegis Assault – Pantheon sets his shield in a chosen direction (similar to Braum’s Unbreakable), gaining invulnerability from all damage sources while dealing damage in a short cone. The last hit deals more damage than the previous strikes and the ability can be canceled early. Empowered effect: Aegis Assault lasts longer.
R: Grand Starfall – Pantheon leaps into the air and hurdles towards a target location, sweeping in a large linear area and damaging any enemies caught in the area of effect. Upon ending, Pantheon will have a fully stacked Mortal Will.
- Conquering Sands (Q) cooldown increased from 15/12.5/10/7.5/7 to 15/13/11/9/7 seconds.
- Attack damage reduced from 60 to 55.
- Attack damage growth reduced from 3 to 2.5.
Dr. Mundo (BUFF)
- Burning Agony (W) now gives 30% tenacity at all ranks.
- Masochism (E) cooldown decreased from 6 at all ranks to 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds.
- Phase Dive (E) bonus damage increased from 40/65/90/115/140 to 50/75/100/125/150.
- Chronobreak (R) cooldown decreased from 110/90/70 to 110/80/50 seconds.
- Mystic Shot (Q) ability power ratio reduced from 0.3 to 0.15.
- Arcane Shift (E) cooldown increased from 19/17.5/16/14.5/13 to 25/22/19/16/13 seconds.
- Bladework (E) cooldown reduced from 13/11/9/7/5 to 11/9.5/8/6.5/5 seconds.
- Bladework (E) bonus attack speed buffed from 50% at all ranks to 50/60/70/80/90%.
- Leap Strike (Q) cooldown reduced from 10/9/8/7/6 to 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds.
- Nether Blade (W) empowered basic attack damage increased from 40/65/90/115/140 (+0.8 ability power) to 70/95/120/145/170 (+0.8 ability power).
- Sigil of Malice (Q) ability power ratio increased from 0.3 to 0.4.
- Prismatic Barrier (W) shield increased from 50/65/80/95/110 to50/75/100/125/150.
- Prismatic Barrier (W) max shield increased from 100/130/160/190/220 to 100/150/200/250/300.
- Armor increased from 36 to 38.
- Health increased from 582.8 to 585.
- Mana increased from 273.8 to 275.
- Mana regeneration increased from 6.756 to 7.
- Shroud of Darkness (W) bonus attack speed increased from 20/25/30/35/40% to 30/35/40/45/50%.
- Broken Wings (Q) cooldown flattened at all ranks from 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds to 12 seconds at all ranks.
- Fury of the North (P) frost armor reduced from 20 (+0.25 bonus armor) bonus armor and 20 (+0.25 bonus magic resistance) bonus magic resistance to 10 (+0.35 bonus armor) bonus armor and 10 (+0.35 bonus magic resistance) bonus magic resistance.
- Arctic Assault (Q) cooldown increased from 17/15.5/14/12.5/11 seconds to 20/18/16/14/12 seconds.
- Twilight Assault (Q) empowered champion damage ratio increased from 4/4.5/5/5.5/6% of target's maximum health to 5/5.5/6/6.5/7% of target's maximum health.
- Shadow Dash (E) damage increased from 50/75/100/125/150 to 60/85/110/135/160.
- Mana increased from 290.6 to 330.
- Attack damage increased from 62.32 to 63.
- Mana regeneration reduced from 7.524 to 7.5.
- Attack speed growth increased from 1.81% to 1.9%.
- Insanity Potion (R) bonus stats increased from 30/55/80 to 30/60/90.
- Mana increased from 325.6 to 330.
- Health increased from 542.64 to 545.
- Mana regeneration reduced from 8.0008 to 8.
- Decimating Smash (Q) minimum damage increased from 20/40/60/80/100 to 30/50/70/90/110. Maximum damage increased from 60/120/180/240/300 to 70/135/200/265/330.
- Increased Decimating Smash damage against monsters from 80% to 100%.
- Ricochet (W) attack damage ratio reduced from 50/55/60/65/70% to 30/40/50/60/70%.
- Chain Lash (Q) detonation damage reduced from 45% damage reduction against minions changed to 45% damage to minions and monsters.
- Dark Sphere (Q) bonus damage against champions increased from 15% to 25%.
- Scatter the Weak (E) damage increased from 70/115/160/205/250 to 85/130/175/220/265.
Tahm Kench (NERF)
- Base movement speed reduced from 345 to 335.
- Thick Skin (E) shield duration reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Prowling Projectile (Q) empowered damage reduced from 50/95/140/185/230/275 to 50/85/120/155/190/225.
- Slow on Prowling Projectile (Q) reduced from 0/48/56/64/72/80% to 20/32/44/56/68/80%.
- Prowling Projectile (Q) slow duration flattened from 1.25/1.35/1.45/1.55/1.65/1.75 to 1.5 seconds.
- Cooldown on Prowling Projectile (Q) increased from 11/10/9/8/7/6 to 5/12/10.5/9/7.5/6 seconds.
- Satchel Charge (W) ability power ration increased from 0.35 to 0.5.
- Satchel Charge (W) cooldown reduced from 24/21/18/15/12 to 20/18/16/14/12 seconds.
- – Mega Inferno Bomb (R) cooldown reduced from 120/105/90 to 120/95/70 seconds.
Biscuit Delivery (NERF)
- Biscuits delivered reduced from 4 to 3.
- Delivery interval changed from 3:00, 6:00, 9:00, 12:00 to 2:00, 4:00, 6:00 minutes.
- Health per biscuit reduced from 15% to 10% of missing health.
- Health per biscuit (manaless champions) reduced from 20% to 12% of missing health.
- Mana per biscuit reduced from 15% to 10% of missing mana.
- Healing duration reduced from 15 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Permanent maximum mana increase increased from 40 to 50 mana per biscuit consumption.
Many of the targeted nerfs are mainly aimed at professional levels of play as indicated by Riot directly in their notes. The classic Corki versus Azir matchup is looking to be toned down a bit by reducing their overall effectiveness as late-game scaling options. Therefore, this should theoretically reduce the rate at which teams draft either of them. Similarly, Sejuani’s dominance in pro play is also being hindered by reducing her overall ability to become a damage soaking threat by reducing her frost armor. Besides those, a few notable competitive hallmarks have been nerfed as well including Ezreal, Sivir, Sylas and Sivir.
Some of the more interesting buffs came in the form of Dr. Mundo, Shen, Singed and Sion receiving some buffs. All of them respectively received some new additions to their kit, making them stronger picks as a top lane tank threat. Another notable buff sees Ziggs the Hexplosives Expert get a little love. Increasing his Satchel Charge power will enable him to more reliably deal damage and increase his effectiveness at executing towers. Coupled with the cooldown reduction of his Mega Inferno Bomb, Ziggs will be looking to bomb his way through the Summoner’s Rift.