Patch 12.12 of League of Legends is about the drop and here are the changes and what can you expect from the game.
We are only two patches and a month removed from one of the bigger patches in the League history, expect the pre-season ones. Of course, every player experienced the difference in the game thanks to the Durability Update, and devs are still keeping an eye on the outliers.
However, as the professional play is back on from the MSI break and most leagues are playing on the 12.11, the balance team said they were comfortable with waiting and collecting more data before shipping more sweeping changes. Even though the Patch 12.12 isn’t as big as the previous two, we still got some important changes like grievous wounds and healing adjustments, some item changes and of course, some Bel’veth changes.
What are the changes and what to expect?
Even though this patch is very small compared to 12.10 and 12.11, there are still some changes in it that will make fans very happy. Starting off the first thing that drew my eye was the Katarina changes. The Noxian Assassin was wreaking havoc in the mid lane with players especially complaining about her AD build with Divine Sunderer. We see a nerf to this build in this patch, but keep in mind if you’d like to play her that the AP build with Nashor’s Tooth is also viable.
The other two big nerfs for solo queue has to be Singed. Despite his niche gameplay, Singed has been popular in the mid lane mostly because he abused Predator for a push and roam play style. Not only we’re seeing nerfs for the mad scientist, but also the rune itself is getting hit. It now will have a higher cooldown and less damage in the early game, but you can still have the same cooldown later with higher damage. This is mostly fine as the early game ganks with early Predator boots were the biggest problem with this rune.
Then we have another set of healing nerfs. Champs like Soraka, Yuumi and Dr. Mundo will see some decrease in their healing-related abilities after the grievous wounds nerfs. There are also some nerfs to Lucian and Viego, oriented more towards pro play. Both these champions are almost pick/ban in all major regions. But these are small nerfs that shouldn’t affect the picks if you are playing them to climb and if you are not, then you should.
If you’ve missed Riot recently released their 160th champion. Bel’veth is a jungler from Void with a unique gameplay. But despite her lower win rate at the release, it turns out she was a little overtuned as players learned how to play her. Although the changes aren’t total nerfs or buffs but more of an adjustment of stats, it is still on the side of a nerf.
In summary, she will have less health and less attack speed both early and late. She got an attack range buff but her transformation now gives her less range to compensate. All in all these changes will lessen the impact of picking up corals with your ult which is good as she is too dependent on these at her current state. There is also a passive change that is oriented to get players to try her out in other roles than jungle.
She can already be played in the top lane and with these changes Bel’veth can be a pretty good top lane pick, depending on the matchup. If you want to learn how to play her in top, or jungle, you can check out our Bel’veth guide.
When is the patch 12.12 going live?
As always, patch 12.12 will go live on a Wednesday morning, this particular one on June 22, 2022.
The first region that the patch will drop is the Oceania servers at 10 AM AEDT. The rest of the servers will follow suit in the morning hours of their respective regions. Here are the timings for most servers:
- 3 AM PT (NA)
- 5 AM GMT (EUW)
- 3 AM CET (EUNE)
- 8 AM KST (Korea)
Complete 12.12 patch notes
- Q mana cost: 70 flat --> 30-50
- R base damage: 150-350 --> 200-400
- Q AP scaling: 75% --> 80%
- R tibbers armor and magic resist: 30-70 --> 30-90
- health regen: 8.5 +0.85 --> 7 +0.7 --> 6 +0.6
- attack range: 125 --> 175
- now gains 1 stack from "large minion takedowns"
- bAS per stack: 0.25%-1.25% linear between levels 1-18 --> 0.28%-1% linear between levels 1-13
- Bugfix: No longer deals double R passive true damage
- min base damage: 8-20 --> 8-16 (max base damage is still x4.0 these values)
- coral pickup missing health damage: 25%-35% --> 25% flat
- bonus attack range: 50-100 --> 50 flat
- Remora health scale from lane minions: 70% flat --> 50%-70%
- Bugfix: No longer loses the increased max health when consuming Herald/Baron Coral while already in ult form.
- Q base damage: 90-290 --> 105-305
- R active base damage: 250-500 --> 275-525
- P passive regen tHP scaling: 1%-2% linear between levels 1-18 --> 0.8%-1.6% linear between levels 1-18
- R missing health as base health: 10%-20% --> 8%-15%
- P tHP damage scaling: 5.5% per 100 bAD --> 4.5% per 100 bAD
- Q turret base damage: 6-18 --> 7-23
- Q turret base health: 150-575 linear between levels 1-18 --> 175-700 linear between levels 1-18
- does not affect RQ turret
- E cooldown: 12s --> 11s
- P percent base health cost: 22.5%-5.5% linear between levels 1-18 --> 20%-3% linear between levels 1-18
- P percent base mana cost: 33%-7.5% linear between levels 1-18 --> 30%-4.5% linear between levels 1-18
- E shield: 70-190 --> 80-220
- R Daisy base health: 1250 / 2500 / 3750 --> 1300 / 2600 / 3900
- R Daisy base resists: 15 / 40 / 90 --> 20 / 50 / 100
- W base slow: 24%-40% --> 20%-36%
- W passive base haste: 6%-12% --> 6%-10%
- E shield: 75-175 +60% AP --> 65-165 +55% AP (AP ratio change now functional on 6/15)
- mana growth: 40 --> 55
- P per-target cooldown: 6s flat --> 6s / 5s / 4s / 3s @ levels 1 / 6 / 11 / 16
- P dagger bAD ratio: 75% --> 65% --> 60% (6/15)
- E base damage: 15-75 --> 20-80
- E tAD ratio: 50% --> 40%
- R on-hit modifier: 25%-35% --> 28%-38%
- physical damage per projectile: (16% * (1 +80% total AS)) bonus AD --> (16% * (1 +142.85% per 100% bonus AS)) bonus AD
- effective change in damage: 24.4224% (+8.4224% per 100% bonus AS) bonus AD --> 16% (+22.856% per 100% bonus AS) bonus AD
- base AD: 62 --> 60
- Q base damage: 95-235 --> 95-215
- W now has a spell tag for attack reset (should refresh one Hail of Blades stack now)
- E cooldown: 11s-9s --> 9s flat --> 10s flat
- E slow duration: 1s --> 1.5s
- health growth: 103 --> 99
- armor growth: 4.7 --> 4.0
- Q bAD scaling: 25% --> 40%
- W aoe damage AP scaling: 9% --> 12% (single target damage unchanged)
- E damage: 70-170 +70% bAD +50% AP --> 70-170 +75% bAD +60% AP (execute is still x1.5 these values, backstab bonus damage unchanged)
- W slow: 60% flat --> 50%-70%
- R bonus stats: 30-90 --> 20-100 (affects AP, AR, MR, MS, HP5, and MP5 equally)
- R base heal: 125-275 --> 150-350 (low health amp is still x1.5 these values)
- R no longer cleanses Grievous Wounds before healing
- P base heal tHP: 2.5% --> 2.0%
- R base missing health scaling: 15%-25% --> 12%-20%
- Ghoul health: 100-185 linear between levels 1-18 +15% Yorick's total HP --> 110-212 linear between levels 1-18 +20% Yorick's total HP
- Maiden health: 300 / 1000 / 3000 +70% Yorick's total HP --> 350 / 1100 / 3300 +75% Yorick's total HP
- P shield: 56-360 --> 60-380
- breakpoints: "56 +9/lvl @ 1, +13/lvl @ 4, +18/lvl @ 8, +27/lvl @ 15" --> "60 +10/lvl @ 1, +15/lvl @ 4, +20/lvl @ 8, +25/lvl @ 15"
- E base haste: 15% --> 20%
- E base healing: 70-190 --> 70-150
- health regen: 3.25 +0.55 --> 4.5 +0.7 --> 325 +0.7
- W damage: 10-150 +150% tAD +70% AP --> 20-160 +130% tAD +60% AP
Runes & items balance changes
- cooldown: 90s-60s linear between levels 1-18 --> 120s-60s linear between levels 1-18 (also applies to all other modes)
- (URF only) initial cooldown: 90s --> 120s (other modes are usually 0s)
- max ramped speed: 45% flat --> 25%-50% linear between levels 7-18 (technically 50.3%)
- breakpoints: "0.25 +0/lvl @ 1, +0.023/lvl @ 8"
- damage: 40-120 linear between levels 1-18 +20% bAD +10% AP --> 20-180 linear between levels 1-18 +25% bAD +15% AP
- there's also a new unused calc equal to "1 * 20" (not data values, hardcoded 1 * hardcoded 20), unknown what this is for.
- recipe changed from Blasting Wand to Fiendish Codex, total cost and stats unchanged
- Bugfix: Now deals the correct damage (was reduced by remaining MR an extra time), but still applied in a bugged way via a separate instance.
As a side note, Maw of Malmortius has a new data value stating "8% Omnivamp" which shows up in the League Client tooltip, but in-game the effect after the shield is triggered is still at 10%. Unknown what was or is the intent regarding this one.
- Sterak's Gage tooltip now clarifies that the shield decays over the duration.
- Rell E and Urgot E tooltips now include their stun durations.
Thanks to Reddit user /u/Caenen_ for the list of complete changes.
For more patch notes, guides and competitive League news, follow us on ESTNN.