Find out everything you need to know about Fortnite Patch v17.50.
The final update of Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 7 has arrived. With less than two weeks remaining until Season 8, Epic lays the foundation for the post-alien Fortnite world. It's been quite the season thus far. The inclusion of UFOs and new weapons has been a taste of old Fortnite.
Patch v17.50 is now live in-game after a brief early-morning downtime. Some subtle map changes emerged from the rubble, as did some exciting events and leaked skins and emotes. With all of that in mind, let's take a look at what's new in Fortnite's latest update as Season 7 winds down.
Fortnite Crew Legacy Set
The Fortnite Crew subscription service is finally getting a progressive set. Epic Games released a blog post today to celebrate this exclusive new reward.
"On August 31 (with the release of the v17.50 update), we're launching an exclusive new reward for Fortnite Crew subscribers: The Fortnite Crew Legacy Set! This Set includes a Back Bling and unlockable Pickaxe, each an evolving memento of your Fortnite Crew membership."
As long as you're a member of Fortnite Crew, you'll unlock up to six stages of the legacy set. Epic provides a comprehensive breakdown of the unlockable cosmetics in the blog post.
Stages will unlock on the fourteenth of each month as long as you're an active Crew subscriber.
- Stage 1: Unlock the Protocol Pack Back Bling upon being subscribed or subscribing to Fortnite Crew. If you're not subscribed when the v17.50 update releases, you'll unlock it immediately when you do subscribe.
- Stage 2: The Back Bling evolves, adding the Protocol Elite Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 1.
- Stage 3: The Back Bling evolves again, adding the Protocol Overdrive Style. The Zen Axe Pickaxe emerges from the Back Bling. Both happen on the 14th of the month after Stage 2.
- Stage 4: The Pickaxe evolves, adding the Zen Striker Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 3.
- Stage 5: The Pickaxe evolves again, adding the Zen Ultra Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 4.
- Stage 6: The Pickaxe evolves once more, adding the Zen Assault Axe Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 5.
New Doja Cat Emote
A new Doja Cat emote appeared in the list of leaked items per HYPEX. The last one from Doja Cat was the song "Say So" and the popular TikTok dance. Now, she'll have "Kiss Me More" created as a traversal Fortnite emote sometime down the line.
Fortnite fans are anxiously awaiting Season 8's arrival. It's due for release in a couple of weeks, and it seems there will be a live event for the first time in a while. HYPEX revealed on Twitter that an event countdown will appear above Corny Complex soon and will segue into Chapter 2 - Season 8. All other details remain a mystery at this point.
Wild Week #3 Season 7
Wild Week #3 will go live in-game on Thursday. This time, Epic will focus on IO and alien weapons such as the Rail Gun, Ray Gun, Grab-Itron and more. Alien Abductors and IO Chests will only have these weapons inside them beginning Thursday. Stay tuned for more on the next installment to Wild Weeks.
Here are all the bug fixes addressed in patch v17.50.
- Losing item functionality after swapping from Prop-ifier to Consumable.
- Android Players are unable to use color picker to change color
- Players are ejected from vehicles in shallow water
- Adding the Skydome Device to the hotbar resets the island visually
Save the World
- SGT Tank Gatling's perk Bouncy Shield is no longer triggering
- Inaccurate description of Goin' Constructor in game
That covers everything you should know about patch v17.50. Be sure to stay tuned throughout the day for additional updates!
Feature Image: Epic Games