| Tags: Fortnite
| Author Matt Pryor
Fortnite: Patch v16.50 — Dualies Return, Leaked Cosmetics, Bug Fixes
Find out what’s new in Fortnite patch v16.50!
Fortnite Battle Royale has entered the homestretch in Chapter 2 – Season 6. Since March, players have experienced new locations, a crafting system, vehicle mods and much more. Season 7 is due for release on June 8, meaning there are just two weeks left in this “Primal” stint.
Patch v16.50 marks the final update of Season 6. Epic Games provided some teasers on its @FortniteStatus Twitter account, including the return of a “fan-favorite” weapon and preparation for the final “Wild Week,” an in-game event that began three weeks ago. Let’s dive into the patch notes and see what the last hurrah has to offer.
Dual Pistols Return
ICYMI: Dual Pistols are back!
— HYPEX (@HYPEX) May 25, 2021
The Dual Pistols have returned from the vault for update v16.50. Dubbed a “fan-favorite,” the Dualies exited Fortnite’s loot pool in Chapter 1 – Season 9. Aside from Limited Time Modes (LTMs), they had not reappeared in Battle Royale mode. That changed in Chapter 2 – Season 5 when Epic Games created a new Exotic weapon, known as the Hop Rocks Dualies. Players can still obtain this weapon in Chapter 2 – Season 6, and now they can use the original Dual Pistols.
Leaked Skins, Cosmetics & Emotes
All Cosmetics updated/added for the item shop in v16.50 pic.twitter.com/qXTQgd6LKS
— iFireMonkey (@iFireMonkey) May 25, 2021
Fortnite leaker iFireMonkey revealed a comprehensive screenshot of all the added in-game cosmetics during the downtime. Readers will notice a slew of Batman-related character outfits, an FNCS skin and new traversal emotes. Fans also experienced the first live look at Fortnite’s rendition of Deathstroke via ShiinaBR.
DEATHSTROKE SKIN IN-GAME!!
(Credit me & @Guille_GAG) pic.twitter.com/XNLup1qgiO
— Shiina (@ShiinaBR) May 25, 2021
Here are all the bugs addressed in patch v16.50:
- Visual issues on toon meowscles and similarly styled outfits on certain platforms.
- Cannot create system-level parties between PS5 and PS4 when playing Fortnite.
- Trail color of the Harmonic Axes Pickaxe doesn't always match the selected Style.
- Landing at a different location than intended.
- Long-pressing the Inventory Button selects first Craftable item.
- “Hunt Wildlife” Quest not tracking progress properly.
- HUD displaying incorrect memory cost before placing device or Gallery.
- Build not properly editing when building/editing fast in Creative.
- Prop-O-Matic features not functioning correctly.
- Small white boxes appears on Consumable thumbnails.
- Players cannot change their custom controller settings while playing Nintendo Switch in docked mode.
That covers all notable news items from patch v16.50. Check back here for more updates should any more information become available.