Here are all the details for Elden Ring's new Colosseum Update!
Are you not Entertained?
After just under a year of release, Elden Ring finally gets its first major content update. While there have been rumors for quite some time now that there'll be a DLC for Elden Ring and apparently, From Software also has other titles in the works (let us hope it's a new Armored Core). The first update that just rolled out with patch 1.08 comes with some adjustments for balance and a newly introduced matched PvP system.
The three colosseums scattered around in the Lands Between finally open their doors. The one you enter will determine the kind of ruleset you're fighting under. But let's explain the basics first, players can enter a colosseum either alone or with friends and if you decide to use a password, you'll be able to match against or with friends. So there is already a whole lot of potential now to run dedicated nightclubs and events. Now let's go over all the rulesets:
If you enter the Limgrave Colosseum, you'll be participating either solo or in a team. Players will compete against each other for points under the pressure of a timer. Points I earned by killing another player and the player with the highest score win the match. All contestants will also continuously respawn throughout the match, which means there is ample opportunity for risky play.
In the Leyndell Colosseum, players will be matched in a straight one-on-one duel. There are no revives and the player who gets the kill first wins the match.
The Caelid Colosseum (the one behind the giant pot) is also centered around one-on-one duels with no revives but allows players to summon Spirit Ashes for more chaotic battles.
Then there are the following adjustments that apply to the new PvP mode:
- Reduced thrusting weapons counterattack damage.
- Reduced guard efficiency when attacking with your shield up for some weapon types.
- The poise damage of the following weapons have been reduced (Weapon Arts poise damage remains unchanged):
- Straight Swords / Thrusting Swords / Heavy Thrusting Swords / Curved Swords / Axes / Spears / Twinblade Swords / Katanas
- Reduced the poise damage of the Incantation Bestial Sling.
- Reduced the power of the Spell Carian Slicer.
And for the sake of completion, here is the rest of the 1.08 Patch notes:
General balance adjustments
- Increased the speed and distance of some attacks and reduced the recovery time for the following weapons:
- Daggers / Axes / Hammers / Flails (dual wielded)
- Increased the speed of some attacks and reduced the recovery time for the following weapons:
- Twinblade (two-handed) / Reaper / Fist / Claw
- Slightly increased the speed of crouching and rolling attacks of Colossal Swords.
- Increased the stagger damage of Axes’ guard counters.
- Increased poise when attacking with two-handed Hammers.
- Increased poise damage of Claws. Weapon Arts remain unchanged.
- Increased poise value during the active part of the Stamp (Upward Cut / Sweep) Weapon Art.
- Increased poise damage of the weapon slash part of the Transient Moonlight Weapon Art, and reduced the poise damage of the magic wave.
- Reduced the speed Thrusting Swords and Heavy Thrusting Swords crouching attacks.
- Reduced the stagger caused by double-handed Heavy Thrusting Swords jumping attacks.
- Reduced poise damage of Hammers, Great Hammers, and some Colossal Weapons. Weapon Arts remain unchanged.
- Reduced the poise damage of the Cragblade Weapon Art.
- Reduced hitbox duration of the flame portion of the Flaming Strike Weapon Art.
- Reduced poise damage of the Flame of the Redmanes Weapon Art.
- Reduced the time it takes to activate the guard part of the Shield Bash Weapon Art.
- Reduced the poise damage of the Gravity Bolt Weapon Art.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented consumable items from being replenished when teleporting to a grace from the map.
- Fixed a bug where stamina would replenish when switching to a crouching position while running.
- Fixed a bug where Spell, Incantation, and item input actions were ignored while guarding against attacks.
- Fixed incorrect physical attack values of some attacks of the Serpent-Hunter weapon.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the follow-up attack from occurring when the Black Sword Incantation was activated with a Sacred Seal in the left hand.
- Fixed a bug where the attack power of the right hand weapon was sometimes applied when casting the Inescapable Frenzy Incantation with a two-handed Sacred Seal in the left hand.
- Fixed a bug that could cause multiple damage instances when certain Spells and Incantations were casted while jumping.
- Fixed a bug that caused Weapon Arts to be incorrectly used with specific combinations of weapon and Weapon Arts.
You can find the official Patchnotes here. To access the new Colosseum update, make sure to download Patch 1.08. You'll also only be able to access the multiplayer component if you're running the latest patch. Elden Ring is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC. For more gaming and esports news, check us out here on ESTNN