Dota Underlord is one of Valve’s newest games which has all the potential to become a future esports. Based on the original Auto Chess, the game quickly took over the world, at least at first.
That said, it is still in early development which means that there are constant changes. The most recent ones are from today, and they essentially are a precursor towards another future update, that will bring tons of changes soon.
According to the devs, the next couple of updates will be mainly focused on “bugs & balance” rather than adding anything new to the game. That’s because they are preparing everything for the so-called “The Big Update.”
What will it contain?
In today’s announcement, the devs claim that this will be one of the last milestones on the road to Season One. “This update will include two playable Underlords, the Duos team mode, six new Heroes, three new Alliances, and an updated user interface”. In fact, they even included a picture which shows what it will look like.
“The final stop will come not long after, with the official launch of the complete game in 1.0. This will come with two more Underlords, the Battle Pass, the City Crawl, and will be the official beginning of Underlords Season One.
The Bigger Update
— Dota Underlords (@DotaUnderlords) September 13, 2019
Just a few hours after the announcement, the devs also released a “bigger” update. It contains a couple of changes:
- Reduced the chances of finding T4 units by 5%, from levels 6 to 8.
- Arc Warden’s max HP is slightly nerfed – 600/1200/2400 (was 2800 at max before)
- Enigma’s Ace Effect now prevents gaining mana from attacks while hexed, silenced or stunned. As you know, it used to drain it before.
- Disruptor’s Ace Effect now reads: The effect of the Warlocks Alliance is now applied to one target per Alliance level.
- Warlock’s Healing on level 2 and three is down from 80, 130% to 70, 100%
- The Assassins now reduce the healing done to their enemies by 50 and 100% when they hit with a critical strike.
The news about these updates is good, especially after the recent player decline. Unfortunately, many reports claim that Dota Underlords has lost a lot of players since its launch. There could be many reasons for that. Probably the main one is that there are a couple more auto battlers out there. Needless to say, both Auto Chess and Teamfight Tactics are great games.
That said, the Dota 2 fans will always stay loyal to Dota Underlords.