Valve has released an update to the divisive Wrath of the Mo’Rokai event.
Wrath of the Mo’Rokai is an event which is only available to the TI 9 Battle Pass owners. However, many people out there have criticized it ever since Valve released it. One of the main arguments that people use is the fact that the event is very similar to the one from last year. But, as the saying goes. “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”.
Apart from the big community backlash due to the lack of innovations, the community also wanted from Valve to let them use their Waging Tokens in order to get a higher level in their Battle Pass. It is important to know that Mo’Rokai gives 3000 Battle Points per week, which is not that bad. However, it is definitely nowhere near enough when compared with the waging options.
Valve’s Wrath of the mO’Rokai Response
Unlike some companies out there, Valve tends to listen to their customers. That’s why, starting from yesterday, all player will be able to wage their tokens at the start of the game. In addition, you will also be able to tip your teammates.
Apart from the changes mentioned above, here are the other essentials:
- You gain 100 Battle Points per loss
- Increased point reward for winning from 250 to 300. However, the total for winning with a bonus token is still unchanged
- Jungle Map and Weather effects are no longer automatically applied
- Each team now has two guaranteed bans
- Increased experience, gold and essence gain by 30%
- Updated the Mo’Rokai Event page in the dashboard
- Penalties are now being assessed for abandons, and games should now be correctly marked as safe to leave when appropriate
- Fixed a bug that prevented wins from applying towards Jungle Expedition and Daily/Weekly Quest progress.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players not to be assigned a hero if they DC
- Fixed a bug that caused bonus token not awarding the correct number of additional points. Players are being granted 1k points for each bonus token consumed., up to that users point cap for the week in which it was consumed
Feel free to follow us for the latest esports news in our Facebook and Twitter.
Image VIA: Valve via PCInvasion