| Tags: Dota 2
| Author Zlosterr
Dota 2: Patch 7.26b is Live
Here is what’s new in the latest Dota 2 update.
Even though it’s literally only been a few days since 7.26a came out, Valve decided to release yet another tweak to the newest Dota 2 patch. This time, there are some pretty significant general changes. Needless to say, they will definitely have an impact on the way in which we play, so let’s check them out.
The first and probably the most important change is the fact that denies will no longer grant gold. As you know, this was added a couple of patches ago as an attempt to make the game faster. To be honest, it kind of did because carries were able to farm a lot faster.
If a carry player had the opportunity to farm freely on his lane, he could get up to 30 extra gold from each wave, which adds up over time. The end result was that you could farm up your items faster. Sadly, this is not going to be the case anymore as Valve decided to remove this feature.
However, in order to compensate for the lack of obtainable gold, the melee creeps and neutral creeps now have bigger bounties. To be price, melee creeps give five more gold, whereas all neutrals have 10% more.
Another thing related to denies is in terms of the experience that they provide. Now, instead of 40%, each Deny will provide the enemy hero with 50% of the experience.
There is one more pretty significant change and it’s related to the talents. According to the update, they are now 20% weaker, which means that some heroes will be severely nerfed. Nonetheless, we can’t say that we’re surprised because the talents have been nerfed non-stop after they were introduced to the game.
In addition to what we’ve mentioned, here are the other changes:
- The Tier 1 tower grants +1 HP regen, whereas all other Tiers will give +3 HP regen
- You will need a little bit more experience to reach level 9/10/11/12/13
- Reliable gold is now given only for passive income
- The AoE gold is increased
- Tier 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the neutral items now have a slightly different drop timers
- From now on, Tier 2+ towers have 500 more Hp and do 25 more damage
- Gloves of Haste, Blades of Attack, and Ring of Basilius now cost more
- Healing Salve’s duration is now 10 seconds instead of 8. However, the overall heal amount is the same, which means that this is a nerf
- Hood of Defiance now has a 200 gold recipe
For more Dota 2 and esports news, follow ESTNN on Facebook and Twitter.