Literally minutes after the end of the Leipzig Major, Valve has a new surprise for us - Patch 7.24. This update features some very important changes, so let’s check them out.
The 7.24 Gameplay Update has been released https://t.co/5XeISzVhuu
— DOTA 2 (@DOTA2) January 26, 2020
- The Dota 2 heroes now have a neutral item slot and can carry or equip only one neutral item at a time.
- There is a Neutral Item Stash in the fountain. Apart from being more convenient to use, this place allows you to teleport your neutral items directly to it.
- There are no more Shrines.
- The backpack now has 3 slots instead of 4.
- Outpost are now located in the primary jungles.
- All GPM talents are removed from the game.
There are also various other small changes. In order to check everything that’s new, please read the entire change log.
There are many item changes in this patch, most of which aimed at the Neutral Items. We will just highlight some of the more important ones.
- Clumsy net now has a 650 cast range and does not go through your own spell immunity.
- Vambrace is now an entire item (was only a recipe before). Also, you can toggle it between the different attributes.
- Fusion Rune and Phoenix Ash have been removed from the game.
- Tango and Quelling Blade no longer kill wards.
As expected, some of the most popular heroes in this Major are now slightly nerfed. On the contrary, others that didn’t see too much action have slights buffs in an attempt to force people to pick them more.
Slark, Disruptor, Treant, and Tiny are just some of the names that are nerfed. Be sure to read the entire changelog in order to get a better idea of what happened. Nevertheless, we suggest you to start spamming as many pub games as possible. After all, that’s the easiest way to check out the new changes.
Be sure to check our daily recaps if you missed on any of the action from the Leipzig Major. We’ve tried to cover the most important things that happened every single day.