We take a look at all the adjustment's IceFrog's making now Patch 7.23b is live.
After the Outlanders Update came out just a couple of days ago, this is the second minor adjustment to the big changes that were introduced alongside 7.23.
Let’s take a look at some of the most important changes.
General & Item changes
— Wykrhm Reddy (@wykrhm) November 30, 2019
This patch brings a lot of changes to the Neutral Items. This was definitely needed because some of them were just way too strong. From now on, we will be able to get the first tier of Neutral items from the 7th minute instead of 5th.
Here are some of the more notable Item changes:
- Mango Tree is a pretty awesome item that gives you free mangos. However, it seems like it wasn’t that popular, which is why Valve decided to buff it a little bit. Now, it spawns with a 3 mango bundle and provides 1200 vision, instead of 800.
- Mind Breaker is one of the strongest Neutral items you can get. Naturally, Valve nerfed it in 7.23a but it turns out it wasn't enough, so they've changed it from the ground up. Instead of stealing mana, it has a passive cooldown that provides +25 attack speed and +25 Magic damage on your attacks. In addition, your next attack will also silence your target for 4 seconds.
- Ring of Aquila’s mana regen is now 1.25 instead of 0.5. The entire situation with this item is very strange because it’s put as a Tier 1. Even though it’s a good item, it is not as useful during the 15-20th minute. We believe that it should be moved to Tier 1 in order to be more effective.
- Skull Basher and Abyssal Blade now do physical stun damage, instead of Magical.
- Titan Silver was one of the “broken” Neutral Items that was able to really make a difference during fights. As expected, it’s pretty nerfed now because instead of +22% attack damage. magic and status resistance, it now provides +16% of those three categories.
- Crystal Maiden has started to be one of the go-to picks in 7.23. As a result, her Crystal Nova now has a little more cool down early on (14/12/10 instead of 11/10/9)
- Drow Ranger is buffed second mini-patch in a row now. She has a bigger agility gain, as well as more agility multiplier from Marksmanship.
- Lifestealer, Naix’s ultimate receives a lot of changes in 7.23b. Now, the Infest movement speed for heroes is the same as the creeps bonus. In addition, it has five seconds longer cool down and it begins once you leave the infested unit. Finally, the health bonus is reduced to 400/800/1200.
- Treant Protector is the last hero which got a lot of changes in this patch. First, his Nature’s Grasp has a lower cool down and does not target the trees directly. In addition, his Lech Seed has a lower cooldown and his Overgrowth does more damage.
There are other small changes in this patch as well, so be sure to check it out. Also, keep an eye on the Open Qualifiers for the next DPC tournaments. It will be very interesting to see what will happen.