Two weeks after the end of TI 9 we finally have a new patch! 7.22g brings very important nerfs which many people have been requesting for.
Let’s take a look at what’s new.
- The basic neutrals now give 5% less bounty
All item changes are mainly nerd orientated.
- Bracer now provides 5% magic resistance (was 6% before)
- Chainmail now gives one less armor (4 in total). This also means that Phase Boots now provides one less armor too.
- The recipe for Hands of Midas now costs 100 more gold more. This is definitely a significant nerf which should probably have some consequences on the popularity of the item.
- Solar Crest is on the nerf radar again. It now provides two less armor (10 in total) and the recipe for it costs 100 more gold
- Sentry Ward’s replenish time is now 85 seconds (was 70 before)
There are a bunch of hero nerfs, but these are the most significant changes.
- The first hero and probably the one which we all hoped to get nerfed is Alchemist. To be fair, he was just too strong right now. Given a proper start, he was able to carry his team to victory really fast. However, it will be a lot for him to do this now.
Fist, the Greevil’s gold bonus per stack is now 3 instead of 4. In addition, Chemical Rage does not provide mana regen anymore, which is a very significant nerf, especially for those who don’t want to go for a Soul Ring. Lastly, his level 15 and 25 talent also got slightly nerfed.
- Broodmother is the second hero who receives noticeable nerfs. After today, the Aghanim Scepter provides only 10 webs and +20 move speed. This was definitely expected because Brood was just too strong.
- Chen also receives a couple of nerfs mainly to Divine Favor. It now gives less heal amp and has a longer active CD. Also, Holy Persuasion now works against lower-level creeps in its first levels.
- Elder Titan was a very popular hero at TI 9. In fact, he was able to do very high damage early on due to his Astral Spirit. However, this changes today because the buff is now dispellable and the spell itself has longer cooldown during the first three levels.
- The other hero which desperately required changes was Enchantress. She was way too powerful to deal with, especially during the laning stage. That’s why she is getting nerfs to two of her spells in addition to her attack damage. Her heal now heals for a little bit less and Impetus now does 2% less damage.
- Last, but definitely not least on the nerfing train is Tiny. He was among the most popular heroes at TI 9 once again. One of the main reasons behind this was his utterly broken Aghanim Scepter. He was literally able to solo kill anyone with little to no trouble once he got enough items.
Following the changes, this will at least be a little bit harder. Tree Volley now does 20% less damage,it requires 50 more mana and has three seconds longer CD. In addition to that, Tiny’s base STR is also reduced by two.
- One of the heroes with the most significant buffs is Disruptor. This was expected because the hero kind of faded away from the meta. Now, his Static Storm max damage and radius are increased by 50 on level three.
- Lycan is the second hero who receives a couple of significant buffs. The first change is related to his Agh’s - Summon Wolven Scepter spawns 3 wolves instead of two and they provide 15 gold instead of 20. Oh, and his Shapeshift as a significant CD reduction in the first two levels.
Other heroes who receive buffs are Chaos Knight, Clockwerk, Drow Ranger, Keeper of the Light, Lycan, Ursa, and Venomancer.
Make sure to read the entire update HERE.