ESTNN’s Dota 2 writer, Veselin Ignatov, does a quick breakdown of Patch 7.22b.
Despite the fact that patch 7.22 was released just a couple of days ago, a small update containing mainly nerfs saw the daylight today. Unlike its bigger brother, 7.22b only affects a couple of heroes. Let’s jump right into the breakdown.
- Base strength increased by 2
- Searing Arrows damage is reduced from 30/40/50/60 to 20/30/40/50
- Searing Arrows mana cost reduced from 12 to 6/6/10/12
- Level 15 Talent reduced from +20 Searing Arrows to +15
These changes will provide Clinkz with better sustain during the laning stage. This buff, however, comes at the price of a small damage nerf. We will probably see Clinkz going mid more often now due to this extra sustain.
- Base attack time increased from 1.3 to 1.5
- Shadow Realm damage ramp-up time increased from 3 to 4
- Level 25 talent reduced from +200 to +175 Attack Speed
Willow was one of the biggest winners in 7.22. That said, it seems that Valve thought she might be a little too strong, and that’s why it was just a matter of time before the nerfs started to roll in. Regardless of that, Dark Willow will probably still remain one of the go-to picks in the new patch.
- Scepter Illusion incoming damage increased from 200% to 350%
- Scepter illusion duration reduced from 20 to 15s
Grimstroke’s Illusion was simply way too strong to remain as it was. Icefrog and Co. decided to nerf both Illusion’s damage and duration.
- Scepter wolves gold and XP bounty reduced by half
- Fixed Scepter wolves not gaining crit during Shapeshift
Lycan is the only hero who actually received two buffs this patch. As we know, he often gets the chance to shine during pro games because of his incredible lane-pushing capabilities. Following the buffs, we will definitely be seeing more often, so keep an eye out for him at ESL One Birmingham.
- Heartstopper Aura damage type changed from Pure to Magical (still does not trigger damage events)
Considered one of the most annoying spells in the game, Necrophos’ Heartstopper Aura finally “gets the nerf”. The magical damage type means that it will do roughly 25% less damage to enemy heroes due to the armor reduction. While this nerf seems slightly overtuned, we’ll see if time will tell if it was too harsh or not.
- Essence Shift’s Level 4 duration reduced from 120 to 100
This nerk to Slark’s Essence Shift will have a major impact on the hero during the later stages of the game.
ESL One Birmingham is the first event that fans will be able to see Patch 7.22b in action. It is very likely, however, that fans will see more changes after the tournament ends. Make sure to tune into ESL One Birmingham live, because these games are going to be incredible. ESL One Birmingham starts today, May 28th. You can watch the games over on Twitch or right here on ESTNN.
Image VIA: Wykrhm