The COD MW2 and Warzone 2.0 January 20 Patch is a bug-fix focused update as Infinity Ward and Activision prepare for Season 2.
Patch 1.13 doesn’t include any new content drops or changes to in-game functionality but works on improving the overall stability of the game. The January 20 update finally includes a fix for the battle pass bug that caused the game to freeze or crash unexpectedly. Also, an option that highlights unspent Battle Pass tokens has been added. Players can expect a much more stable Warzone experience as the surprise update prioritizes stability and deploys crash fixes for a list of available platforms.
The first COD patch of 2023 finds it’s footing by working on the issues that players have been complaining about since the beginning of Season 1. With the last update that hit servers on December 19, Activision’s dev team prepares for deploying a variety of new content after returning from their extended holiday break. After delaying the Season 2 patch to February 15, Infinity Ward is looking on fixing the existing issues with the game before making new maps, and weapons available for both MW2 and Warzone.
COD MW2 And Warzone 2.0 January 20 Update Global Fixes
- This update contains several fixes to reduce the number of known crashes. We continue to prioritize increased stability and crash fixes across all platforms.
- Battle Pass
- Improved navigation of Battle Pass including fixes for some Players experiencing freezing.
- Introduced a new feature to highlight any unspent Battle Pass tokens.
- Fixed an issue that caused multiple speaker names to persist on screen when four or more players were talking in chat.
- Fixed an issue where the Playlist title for Tier 1 Shipment displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where some Players were kicked back to the Main Menu when pressing the View Party button.
- Temporarily disabled the ability to mark targets using the Spotter Scope while we investigate an issue.
- Fixed an issue that caused a visual error with the Combat Knife in the Armory.
- Fixed an issue with directional navigation for progression in Gunsmith.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to move the text on Attachments in Gunsmith.
- Fixed some issues that could cause menus to close out unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Player’s screen to turn black when exiting the Firing Range.
- Fixed an issue that caused previewing a desired Bundle in the Store to show incorrect content.
- Fixed a visual issue causing rainbow colors when navigating between menus quickly.
- Fixed a UI issue that showed all Operators using the same execution.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Player's screen to turn black while navigating the Store.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Store Bundle purchase cinematic to replay multiple times.
- Fixed an issue that would display the “Toronto Ultra” Bundle after a purchase despite purchasing a different Bundle.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused melee kills not to track.
- Fixed an issue with tracking distance of Longshot Challenges when opponents died after being downed.
The game would no longer crash or disconnect while interacting with a Loadout crate. Also, players would no longer be able to exploit the bug that allowed them to duplicate several items.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented match wins from counting towards Calling Card Challenges.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to earn XP when damaged by their own Suppression Mine.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to maintain the effects of Dead Silence or Battle Rage by purchasing a new Field Upgrade while another was already active.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to gain XP when using a Stim in the Gas.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to freeze and disconnect a Player, or cause loss of functionality, after interacting with a Loadout Crate.
- Addressed a number of issues impacting functionality and flow of equipping, swapping and previewing Insured Slot Weapons.
- Fixed an issue where opening a medium or large Backpack’s Weapon slot initially blocks scrolling back down to the main Loadout items.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to duplicate items.
- Fixed an issue causing party members to appear as “Not Ready” while preparing for a match.
- Fixed a bug where items from a Player’s Backpack would show up in a Dead Drop.
- Fixed an issue where hovering over a locked Contraband gun does not update the Weapon information in the UI preview.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Players to persist beyond the intended match end time.
- Fixed a bug that allowed two Players to get items from the same Supply Drop at the same time.
Recently Implemented Changes
- Fixed an issue where pressing down on the scoreboard moves the cursor by two.
- Addressed an exploit allowing blocked attachments to be equipped.
- Fixed a UI bug in the Store that caused Free Bundle tags to stay on screen across other items.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving the Firing Range with a secondary weapon equipped.
- Fixed an issue where some players did not receive the Anime Enjoyer sticker after purchasing the Notice Me 1.0 bundle.
- Fixed a bug where weapons that had a receiver manually changed in Gunsmith could not be equipped in DMZ.
COD MW2 and Warzone 2.0 Patch 1.13 Release Date
The global release date of Patch 1.13 is Friday, January 20. The file size of the update is approximately 500 MB. Players can access the full patch notes article here. The light COD MW2 doesn’t bring anything new in terms of content as the dev team focuses om preparing for Season 2. The S2 update is slated to bring a new map for Warzone 2.0 while bringing back Resurgence. On the other hand, Ranked Play will return for MW2 with new modes, multiplayer maps and several weapons. The massive Season 2 update is lined up for a February 15 release.
For more Call of Duty Esports news and updates, follow us on ESTNN.