| Tags: Apex Legends
| Author Sid
Apex Legends Mobile Patch Notes: Season 2.5 Introduces Crypto
The Apex Legends mobile Patch notes reveal the arrival of a new Legend, changes to King’s Canyon, a refreshed battle pass, and more.
The upcoming updates adds Crypto, a legend introduced on Apex’s PC and console versions back in the game’s third season. The Recon legend’s kit has been slightly tweaked in order to allow players of Apex’s mobile port to take full advantage of the character’s drone.
Crypto Full Ability Kit Revealed
Players should note that Respawn have redesigned Crypto’s Drone for the mobile port of the game. The drone can follow Crypto and automatically track nearby enemies for periods of time. Here’s the complete description of each ability for the newest Recon legend.
Passive: Neurolink – Enemies and traps detected by your surveillance Drone are marked for your squad within 30 meters range.
Tactical: Surveillance Drone – Deploy a pilotable drone to surveil your surroundings. The drone detects enemy squads and battlefield hazards.
Ultimate: Drone EMP – Your Drone sets off an EMP blast that deals Shield damage, slows enemies and disables traps.
Crypto Legend Perks
Self Destruct: Destroyed drones explode after 3s, slowing and damaging enemies caught in the blast.
Hidden User: The player becomes semi-transparent when controlling drones.
System Scan: Crypto’s drone reveals enemy HP and armor after scanning for 3 seconds.
Shut Down: Your Ultimate possesses the ability to damage HP but cannot kill an enemy.
Lag Bomb: The drone is able to launch an EMP bomb that slows and deals damage.
Salvage Operation: Crypto’s drone can retrieve items.
Battle Adaptation: Using your Finisher will add 100 points to your EVO Shield.
Restart: Using your Finisher instantly repairs your drone or reduces your Ultimate's cooldown by 30%.
Interrogator: Using a Finisher will reveal the location of your target's squad on the mini-map above.
Kings Canyon Changes
With Pythas Theater and Encore Galore, the new ranked split season gives players many rewards and new places in the map to explore. To claim exclusive rewards, players have to fight through Rhapsody’s POI-altering songs. The update will also add new VIP supply bins all across Kings Canyon. Players can find VIP passes by opening VIP Loot Crates and gain access to crates containing powerful gear.
Hyperbeat also introduces a new mechanic that increases the drop rates in order to grant Apex mobile fans increased chances of securing an Eternal cosmetic item. As players continue to draw from the Store Vault, the drop rates of the Eternal cosmetic items in the pool will be increased up to a specific cap. However, once players grab an Eternal cosmetic item, the increased drop rates would return to normal.
Full List of Bug Fixes and System Optimizations
- Optimized the volume of Rhapsody's tactical ability and her ultimate to reduce interference to squadmates.
- Resolved an issue where Rhapsody’s Legend selection voiceover would not play properly.
- Resolved an issue where Gibraltar’s Dome Shield which would still persist once affected by Fade’s Ultimate ability.
- Resolved an issue where Loba’s Black Market would not be destroyed by Airdrop supply bins or Replicator Drops.
- Resolved an issue where Loba’s Black Market would leave some residual VFX after disappearing.
- Hack mode adjustment: ADS beam color shifted from blue to red.
- Optimized several minor zipline interactions.
- Optimized terrain collision including climbing actions and many movements on box-shaped terrain.
- Resolved multiple forbidden zone issues on Kings Canyon.
- Resolved multiple areas with unclimbable terrain on Kings Canyon.
- Resolved multiple areas of the map causing movement issues that caused players to become stuck.
- Resolved an issue that enabled Loba to access out of bounds areas with her bracelet.
- Resolved some out of bounds areas that players were able to access.
- Anti-cheat improvements.
- Improved emulator bypass detection.
- Optimized the in-game messaging violation detection algorithm
- Added sanction strategy for teaming behaviors with cheaters
The Hyperbeat update for Apex Legends’ handheld port is slated to arrive on mobile servers worldwide on August 23, at 5.00 PM PDT. Fans can check out the official patch notes on Respawn’s official site by clicking here.