LoL’s favorite child pyromancer will get some improvements with the patch 13.2 cycle.
Despite being one of the first and most iconic champions in the game, Annie’s popularity and play rate has been in a steady decline over the last couple of years. Both her short range and very obvious stun meant the Dark Child is lagging behind in usefulness compared to other mid lane mages. Even in matchups against melee champions, Annie struggles to find early kills and her late-game potential is gated behind having her Flash available in fights.
To bring her to a similar level with other mages like Victor or Syndra, Riot is making some quality-of-life changes to Annie. The adjustments were made and posted by a Gameplay Analyst at Riot Games, Ray “RayYonggi” Williams. RayYonggi explained in his tweet that the changes were focused on Annie’s Molten Shield (E) usability and Tibbers’s lifetime.
LoL Patch 13.2 Annie Changes
The changes will first hit the Public Beta Environment (PBE) in the next couple of days, but they will only be on live servers with patch 13.2. The second patch of Season 13 is scheduled to release on Tuesday, Jan 24.
- Pyromania (P) stun is now primed on game start and respawn
- Incinerate (W) mana cost reduced 90/95/100/105/110 >>> 70/80/90/100/110
- Molten Shield (E):
- Shield Potency Buff (Numbers not determined yet)
- Now can only reflect damage once per target, per shield (Tibbers duplicated shield counts as a new shield).
- Damage reflect increased 20/30/40/50/60 (+20% AP) >>> 30/45/60/75/90 (+40% AP)
- Damage is reflected from all damage, not just auto attacks.
- Summon: Tibbers! (R):
- Tibbers HP now has an AP ratio of +75%
- Tibbers resistances now have an AP ratio of +5%
When commenting about these changes on Reddit, RayYonggi said that these buffs will improve the durability of Tibbers to bring him more in line with other ultimate-based pets, e.g. Ivern’s Daisy, while not sacrificing her burst mage characteristics.
For more League of Legends news and game updates, follow us on ESTNN.